Job Title: Digital Communications Officer
Location: London (hybrid)
Salary: £27,500 - £29,850
Job type: Full Time - Fixed Term Contract
The Foundation for Women's Health Research and Development (FORWARD), founded in 1985, is an African-led women's rights organisation that champions the equality and rights of African women and girls in the UK, Europe and Africa. We work to end all forms of violence against women and girls from female genital mutilation and child marriage to domestic and sexual violence. We tackle abuse and discrimination, enabling African women and girls to have the dignity, health and equality they deserve.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to driving the next chapter in FORWARD's digital communications strategy, as we accelerate our plans to grow our digital presence, and inspire wider audiences to engage with our cause.
We are seeking an experienced digital communications officer to lead on FORWARD's digital work. You will be responsible for growing and expanding our digital and social media presence, and improving our user and donor experience. You will manage FORWARD's digital communications, oversee the content and design of our digital marketing materials and publications, as well as work closely with team members to develop creative content to communicate the impact of our programmes.
You will bring a strong knowledge of social media and website management, as well as the ability to use digital analytics to improve comms performance. You are a natural communicator with a flair for writing captivating prose, and can work as part of a team, and independently.
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the growth of FORWARD's digital comms and digital fundraising and impact how we increase visibility of the work of the organisation.
* Manage social media accounts and strengthen engagement and visibility across different audiences
* Manage FORWARD's website - create and update content on regular basis to ensure content is engaging and up-to-date
* Develop clear objectives and Key Performance Indicators for social media and produce quarterly analytics reports using tools such as Hootsuite
* Use google analytics to assess website performance, and create strategies to grow and improve web traffic metrics, subscribers' base, and donations
* Create and write engaging content for FORWARD's e-newsletters
* Manage the development, design and copywriting of our annual report, to ensure compelling and impactful content and design.
* Experience in developing and implementing social media strategies to improve visibility, engagement, and drive followers' base
* Creative with experience delivering social media campaigns, as well as using and managing social media advertising
* Experience working with third parties and suppliers such as graphic designers to oversee marketing projects
* Proficiency in the use of digital analytics tools such Google Analytics and Hootsuite to measure and improve digital performance
* Excellent writing skills, with an ability to write compelling and impactful content and adjust tone of voice for different audiences
* Ability to set and meet personal deadlines and work independently with minor supervision
* Knowledge of the violence against women sector and related policies
Desirable skills and experience
* Experience of Photoshop, Canva or other design programmes
* Access to a 3% pension contribution.
* 25 days annual leave per year (pro rata).
* Two days additional "duvet days between Christmas and New Year."
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The position is a 12-month fixed-term contract, with the possibility of renewal, subject to funding.
Closing date: 22nd October 2023
Interviews will be held on w/c 30th October 2023
Candidates with experience of: Social Media Assistant, Social Media Executive, Content Executive, Content Assistant Content Marketer, Digital Marketing, Digital Marketer, Online Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Executive, Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Content Manager, Marketing Campaign Coordinator, B2B Marketing, Comms Executive, Marketing and Comms Assistant, Marketing Strategy, Communications Officer, Communications Assistant, Communications Officer, Marketing Specialist, Communications Executive may also be considered for this role.