Job Title: Group Sales & Marketing Manager
Location: Curdridge, Southampton
Salary: From £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Job type: Fulltime/Permanent (8 hours per day, 08:30-17:30, Monday - Friday with 60-minutes unpaid lunch break.)
The Company is well-established and has been operating for over 50 years designing, building and maintaining domestic garden and commercial sites. In addition, it operates a busy yard for our trade customers and an established Garden Centre for the general public.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Group Sales & Marketing Manager to join our expanding team.
You would be working within our experienced teams and will be responsible for devising the sales strategy to maximise our sales potential, and achieving the revenue budgets across our Landscape, Maintenance, Yard, Hire-shop and Garden Centre business units.
We are looking for candidates with a positive can-do attitude. In addition, you will have a strong commercial outlook, be sales and revenue driven, and of course determined to achieve results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plan and direct day to day operation of the sales & marketing functions across all divisions to ensure maximum revenue & profitability and provide potential and existing clients with the highest level of sales service;
* Develop and nurture relationships with key suppliers through ongoing account management;
* Perform day to day sales activity including face to face meetings, contracting & rate negotiation, site inspections, and attendance at trade events;
* Input to pricing strategies and forecasting with Managing Director;
* Write clear and effective correspondence;
* Manage advertising & promotional campaigns in conjunction with our teams through relevant marketing channels;
* To protect and promote the image of the Hambrooks brands at all times;
* Ensure assistance and support to our teams with necessary sales & marketing activity;
* Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis, monitoring their performance, rates and sales activity;
* To be fully aware of the main market developments and other factors that would influence business or create favourable market conditions;
* Report monthly on performance to the Managing Director and the General Manager;
* Previous experience of sales and/or marketing in a garden design, landscaping and maintenance company;
* Experience in delivering first-class customer service;
* Strong commercial and strategic acumen and results-driven;
* Good organisational and communication skills;
* The ability to manage multiple tasks at once and problem solve;
* Assist the Managing Director with any other duties as required;
* Efficient, well organised and very self-motivated;
* Confident, polite and a patient communicator;
* Able to work with team members or by themselves;
* Willingness to expand current skills and to develop new ones;
Hambrooks is a busy business operating in garden design, landscaping and maintenance. Working in a smaller company can mean sometimes the person will be required to switch tasks, support other team members, be flexible and be very organised with workload.
Hambrooks prides itself being highly responsive and patient with customer enquiries and requests, often under competing pressures. It operates a 'can do' approach. This person will need to excel at these communication skills.
Health & Safety
All employees must observe & comply with Hambrooks' policies and procedures for Health & Safety
Hambrooks strives to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All employees must observe and continually promote equal opportunities in compliance with Hambrooks' aims and objectives
Due to the office location, you will need your own transport
* 20 days holiday per year excluding Bank Holidays.
* Holiday increases by 1 day after 2-years' service and then on a sliding scale thereafter.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job title of: B2B Sales, Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Coordinator, Field Business Development Manager, Nationwide Sales, Account Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Senior Sales, Business Developer, Senior Business Development Manager, Business Plan, Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Sales Development, New Business and B2C, Sales Manager, Sales Coordinator, Senior Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, Sales Coordinator, Sales Team Lead, Sales Development, Business Development Lead, Business Development Specialist, Client Advisor, Senior Sales Manager, Senior Sales Coordinator, Sales Account Advisor, sales account manager, Head of Marketing, Brand Manager, Marketing Campaign Manager, Marketing Supervisor, B2B Marketing, Senior Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Digital Media, Marketing Strategy Manager, Group Marketing Manager, Marketing Specialist may also be considered for this role.
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa's at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK.