Job Title: SEO Manager
Location: At least two days each week in Oxford office
Salary: Competitive salary depending on experience starting from £35k+
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Job Function: Marketing Department: Client Services
Reports to: Client Services - Team Lead
Smarter Media are looking for a talented, capable, and experienced SEO Manager/Specialist to join their growing agency based in Oxford.
This role is suitable for a passionate digital marketer to provide timely, organised, professional SEO work.
Working with a variety of great customers targeting multiple industries, you will get the opportunity to immerse yourself within their digital business, advise and help deliver their strategy.
This role is suitable for a passionate SEO professional, who is curious about digital marketing, and looking for creative and best in practice solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
* Developing and implementing SEO strategies covering all aspects of SEO, including on site, off site and technical SEO covering areas such as structured mark up, page speed, site architecture, indexation, crawlability, canonicalization, and technical errors
* Day to day management of multiple clients and their SEO activities
* Working with the SEO content production team
* Setting measurable goals that demonstrate improvement in SEO efforts
* Monitoring performance metrics to understand SEO strategy performance
* Working with the SEO content team to deliver compelling and high-quality website content, including blog posts, page descriptions and link-worthy content
* Using industry leading tools, such as Google Analytics, Search Console SEMrush, Screaming Frog and Agency Analytics to monitor, review and recommend SEO activity
* Monitoring industry trends and algorithms set by search engines to keep up to date with current best practice
* Ability to liaise directly with clients and working directly on their website
* Fully immersing themselves within the clients business and strategically working towards their SEO goals
* Building strong relationships with clients where you are their key point of communication
* Ideally 3+ years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns
* Client-facing experience necessary
* Previous experience working across multiple clients or sites at an agency desirable
* Distributing and managing SEO client content to increase awareness and support backlink activities through digital PR experience desirable
* Content planning and management (e.g. content calendars or long-term strategies) experience desirable
* Understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking factors
* Comfortable analysing high volumes of data on a daily basis
* Confident using industry tools including Google Analytics, Google Search Console etc. to an advanced level
* Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation
* A fast learner and self-motivated team player who takes the initiative and rolls up their sleeves when necessary
* Great attention to detail, organised and able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Commercially aware and enthusiastic and interested about SEO, marketing and current trends
* Competitive salary depending on experience starting from £35k+
* 20 days holiday plus:
* 8 days bank holidays
* 3 days Christmas Shut-down
* Birthday day off
* Standard hours 9am-5pm (Early finish Fridays 4pm)
* Clear career path with opportunities to progress
* Ongoing training and development
* Access to employee benefits and wellbeing portal
* NEST auto enrolment pension scheme
Smarter Media is a progressive Digital Marketing Agency based in Swindon focused on helping companies develop and refine their digital marketing service to meet their business goals. Our solutions are very business centric, and we deliver this to a diverse range of customers.
Our services include SEO, Content Marketing, Paid Media, and Data Insights.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: SEO Executive, SEO Specialist, Marketing Executive, SEO Advisor, Digital Marketing Advisor, Digital Marketing Graduate, Search Engine Optimisation Specialist, Digital Marketing Consultant, Marketing Analyst, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Analyst, Google Analytics, Technical SEO Executive, Digital Marketing Analyst, Majestic, Cognitive may also be considered for this role