Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: £24,533 progressing to £27,181
Job type: Full-time / permanent
Bucks Students' Union are committed to improving the student experience and actively seek to bring positive change to student life. We are ranked the number one students' union in the UK, are a Real Living Wage Employer, a Mindful Employer and have achieved the highest standards in accreditation for Fairtrade, Green Impact, Best Bar None and Quality Students' Unions.
About the role:
You will be working to support the delivery of campaigns, increase brand exposure, and assist in the creation of content across our communication channels, amongst other exciting opportunities. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, an eye for design and a keen interest in all thing's media.
* Design and deliver compelling campaigns and promotions, acting as a liaison between staff and the Communications and Marketing team.
* Provide first-rate customer service to internal departments, students and external clients.
* Assist in growing the exposure of Bucks' multi-media channels including Bucks Student newspaper, Rusty's Radio, and podcasts.
* Review, research and develop new, innovative and engaging means of two-way communication with the student body.
* Understand target markets and investigate channels to engage with them, including looking at the latest trends and gauging the effectiveness of communication tools.
* Working alongside the Visual Marketing and Print Coordinator to assist in the design of artwork including the creation of artwork for print and digital channels.
* Continue to develop the Union brand and communicate the value of what we do to members and stakeholders.
* Editing and updating content on our website, creating social media posts and tracking engagement stats.
* Copywrite, edit and proofread various marketing and communications materials.
* Assist with the running of our internal print shop when required from dealing with customers, through to processing orders.
* Driving additional revenue streams, such as merchandise, external marketing and advertising sales and identifying sponsorship opportunities.
* Assist in building and developing our alumni offer and expand this audience-base. This will involve identifying ways to encourage final year students to register and the active engagement with this audience through different channels.
* Investigate feedback mechanisms for the Communications and Marketing team, and identify any efficiencies, to streamline our processes.
* Effectively exploit all opportunities to promote all Union services and play an active role in driving participation, engagement and understanding what we offer.
* Investigate local press and PR opportunities to increase our exposure within the local community. This could also be closely linked to driving commercial income and increasing awareness of other aspects, such as Bucks Printing, Bucks Hire, The Venue, etc.
* Supporting other staff and departments, working on cross departmental projects and from time to time helping out where required to ensure the Students' Union fulfils its mission.
* Take a full and active part in the Unions environmental initiatives with particular regard to taking personal responsibility for recycling and energy conservation.
* Basic understanding of content management systems.
* Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud and design software, such as InDesign, Illustrator and other IT systems.
* Strong social media knowledge.
* Basic experience in copywriting, creating content and proofreading.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and overall administrative skills.
* Able to work in a student-led, democratic team environment.
* Commitment to high standards of customer service and care.
* Self-reliant and motivated.
* Flexible working attitude, adapting to swiftly evolving work conditions.
* Be able to prioritise between conflicting work priorities and deliver to strict timescales.
* 40 days annual leave per year
* Competitive pension
* Extensive development opportunities
* Friendly work environment
* Wellbeing support
* Discount schemes
We are committed to tackling inequality and offer a 'guaranteed interview scheme' for applicants of colour and/or applicants with a disability. If you have a disability and/or are a person of colour and you meet the criteria of a role description and person specification, please select the 'guaranteed interview scheme' option on the application form.
Take the next step in your career by applying today.
Candidates with experience of; Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing, Marketing Executive, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Officer, Marketing Analyst, Marketing Specialist, Marketing Retention, Business Support, Marketing Associate, Social Media Executive, Marketing Business Development, Business Development Associate may also be considered for this role.