Job Title: Associate Director (PR/Marketing)
Location: Ringwood, Hampshire (2/3 days in the office, 3/2 days WFH)
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent/Full-Time
We are looking for a first-class Associate Director to join the McKenna Townsend team to help grow the agency and lead retained client accounts, project work and new business opportunities. The successful candidate will have at least seven years of previous PR/marketing agency experience and a specialism in social media and the marine sector would be beneficial.
We are a multi-award winning, PR, marketing and social media full-service agency, based in Hampshire. Located in Ringwood, we are relentless in the pursuit of results for our clients - devising and implementing both strategic and creative PR, social media and marketing campaigns that drive enquiries, sales and build brands and reputation on a regional, national and international scale.
Working alongside the senior team, you will be helping to drive the agency forwards and support our ambitious growth plans, through developing client strategies, identifying new business opportunities and service offerings and providing exceptional team leadership and advanced budgeting skills.
The successful candidate will be a real all-rounder who can think big and still deliver on the detail. You'll be a self-starter and able to direct your own accounts with bags of drive, energy and commitment.
Your day-to-day role will cover all marcomms channels, including digital and social. You'll be confident at presenting to clients and experienced in managing several clients at a time. We are looking for someone with an eye for detail who can see campaigns through from start to finish. You'll be given a lot of responsibility and will be able to shape the role as you progress.
* Able to lead client meetings - taking briefs, developing them and then confidently presenting back
* Directing social media campaigns (planning and execution) - paid and organic
* Delivery of day-to-day campaigns and projects - ensuring on-time delivery - to budget and in-line with the plan
* Reporting on all KPIs and on-going activity reports
* Working closely with the wider team to help deliver fully integrated campaigns that are creatively excellent
* Crisis and issues management strategies
* Presenting complex strategies alongside other senior colleagues
* Understanding clients' and competitors' marketplaces and applying that thinking to cutting edge, results-driven campaigns
* A professional ambassador for the agency
* Working with individual team members to ensure continuous professional development
* Ensuring effective and efficient communications with the wider team
* Responsible for managing and reporting day-to-day budgets through effective financial planning and management
* Identifying and leading on new business opportunities - both organic and new
* Creative storytelling across a wide variety of channels
* Forming relationships with key influencers
* Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients and relevant media
* Copywriting for all areas of the agency
The ideal candidate will have/be:
An established Associate Director with at least seven years of agency experience:
* Excellent writing skills
* Strong social media skills (organic and paid)
* Multi-tasker who can work well under pressure
* Excellent presentation skills - written and delivery
* Good time management, people and project management
* A great team player but also someone who can work on their own when needed
* Proactively direct client activities and be an expert in your field
* Develop and maintain excellent client and media relationships
* A desire to drive the agency forward with new business opportunities
* Hungry to learn, with a passion for broadening horizons
* Client likeability and trust
* Proactive, confident attitude
* Strong attention to detail
* Adaptability and flexibility
Benefits: Competitive salary plus benefits including, pension, generous holiday allowance and the opportunity to work with some fantastic, global clients and a wonderful team
If you wish to apply for this Associate Director role, please click APPLY where your CV and covering letter, as well as current remuneration will be forwarded on.
We look forward to hearing from you
Please click on the APPLY button to submit your CV for this role.
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa's at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: PR Coordinator, PR Executive, Public Relations Coordinator, Public Relations Executive, PR Specialist, PR Supervisor, Public Relations, PR, Marketing Manager, Public Relations Manager, Comms Manager, Marketing Executive, Marketing Communications, Communications Manager, Press Manager, PR Consultant, PR Executive, Head of Communications, Head of Marketing Communications, Director of Marketing, Head of PR, Marketing Director, Marketing Communications, Marketing Specialist, Communications Director, Digital Marketing Communications Manager, Comms Director, Head of Media Relations, Director of Marketing and Communications may also be considered for this role.