Job Title: Safer Gambling Business Development and Marketing Manager
Location: Work from home, with regular travel across the UK (approx. twice per month) and occasional international travel (approx. six times per year)
Salary: £40,301, London & Surrounding Counties - £43,734
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Closing Date: 26/05/2023
Interviews will take place online via video conference from 1st June
* 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum (pro-rated for part-time colleagues) including bank holidays which increases with service
* A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%.
* Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service.
* Employee Assistance Programme - 24-hour support
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and results-driven individual to drive income growth for GamCare's safer gambling products and services including certification and training. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new business opportunities, nurturing existing relationships, and driving growth.
The role will develop and implement a business development strategy to bring in leads from a wider customer base, ensuring greater market penetration and increased income. They will ensure existing leads and ongoing client relationships are effectively managed and conversion is optimised to support sustainable funding for the charity.
The role provides excellent opportunities for skills development, and most importantly to help us achieve our mission of supporting people affected by gambling harms.
* Covering proposals and presentations that effectively communicate the value of our products and services to potential clients.
* Develop and implement long term marketing and business development strategies to meet agreed KPIs and ensure a sustainable business pipeline across our safer gambling services.
* Prospecting, identifying, and developing new business opportunities through a variety of channels.
* Present sales income forecasts to management so that they can make informed decisions about where to allocate time and resource for maximum productivity/income generation. Analyse and make recommendations on effectiveness of business development and marketing strategies, underpinned by relevant data/metrics.
* Develop and deliver effective digital content for communications across relevant GamCare channels (e.g. Safer Gambling Standard channels), including website, social media, e-newsletters and video tailored to engage audiences, educate them about gambling harms and sell our safer gambling services.
* Oversee the team's annual events calendar, by identifying events we should attend to raise our profile/generate leads and organising our engagement with these events e.g. briefing staff who have speaking opportunities, coordinating materials for exhibitions, securing sponsorship for events we attend/are organising.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for excellent communication, strong analytical and strategic thinking skills. Experience of sales and negotiation in a competitive business environment, significant internal and external stakeholder management. Planning and delivering creative marketing campaigns and events and use of customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
If you are a driven, results-oriented sales, business development and/or marketing professional, we encourage you to apply.
You must be resident in the UK with a clean driving licence, be prepared to work to a flexible schedule, and be available to travel throughout the UK and occasionally internationally as required.
This is a home-based role with travel to client offices. However, if you are in commuting distance of our London Head Office (currently Farringdon) or Leeds regional hub then we can discuss a flexible, hybrid arrangement if desired.
Appointment is subject to a DBS check
About The Company
GamCare are committed to offering the best support to people affected by gambling harms, as such we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Gamcare is an equal opportunities employer and don't discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability. We are only able to facilitate visa sponsorship in very limited circumstances, so candidates outside of the UK or who don't have the right to work in the UK need not apply.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Sales Executive, Sales Agent, Internal Sales Executive, Sales Consultant, Key Account Manager, Business Development Executive, BDM, BDE, Business Development Manager, Sales, Lead Generation, PR Executive, Public Relations Coordinator, Public Relations Executive, Communications Director, Public Relations, Head of PR, PR, Marketing, Head of Communications, Public Relations Manager, Comms Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Marketing Communications, Communications Manager, PR Consultant, PR Director may also be considered for this role.