Job Title: External Affairs Manager
Location: Office-based (London, Farringdon), with flexible working options
Salary:£43,734 for those living in London and surrounding counties
Job Type: Full time
Closing date for applications: 25 May 2023
Interviews will take place online via video conference - week commencing 29 May 2023
* 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum (pro-rated for part-time colleagues) including bank holidays which increases with service
* A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%.
* Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service.
* Employee Assistance Programme - 24-hour support
This is an exciting time to join GamCare, and a new opportunity to support the development of our first External Affairs Team. As The External Affairs Manager, you'll be at the heart of the creation of a new centre of excellence to help put GamCare, and gambling-related harm, on the map.
The post is responsible for helping to position GamCare as a key stakeholder recognised for our impact as the leading provider of help and support for gambling harm, using our unique insight and expertise to positively influence decision-making and policy. You will play a supportive role in developing GamCare's external affairs and influencing strategies across multiple stakeholder groups against the organisational strategy and business plan.
* Create and manage external affairs plans that measurably enhance the reach of and put our programmatic, safer gambling and other teams' work 'on the map' with stakeholders, partners, opinion formers and decision-makers
* Conduct mapping to gather intelligence on target stakeholder' activity, using it to provide analysis and make recommendations that enhance our influencing opportunities and mitigate potential risks
* Proactively monitor Westminster, devolved parliaments and assemblies, and local government, including managing our monitoring service, horizon scanning, and advising on, coordinating, and nurturing our political and government engagement and networks
* Monitor, identify, and draft clear responses to external inquiries; and develop high-quality briefing papers, presentations, opinion pieces and evidence-based products for a range of internal and external audiences
* Support the development, delivery and evaluation of parliamentary and other thought leadership events or meetings to raise our profile, develop our thinking, and shape the debate, and lead on associated outputs
The Ideal Candidate
With a high degree of political acumen and confidently representing GamCare with internal and external audiences, your role will influence debates across the sector, in Westminster and across the devolved parliaments and assemblies, with opinion formers, and with providers across the National Gambling Support Network, to ensure our perspectives are reflected across our lobbying work.
As the successful candidate you'll have operated in an external affairs or public affairs function in a dynamic, agile organisation in a complex stakeholder environment. With a strong understanding of the policy environment and routes to influence along with the ability to work with, build and manage relationships with diverse stakeholders such as policymakers and partners will be key to your success.
About The Company
Founded in 1997, GamCare is the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling harms. We operate the National Gambling Helpline, provide treatment for anyone who is harmed by gambling, create awareness about safer gambling and treatment, and encourage an effective approach to safer gambling within the gambling industry.
GamCare are committed to offering the best support to people affected by gambling harms, as such we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
Gamcare is an equal opportunities employer and don't discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability. We are only able to facilitate visa sponsorship in very limited circumstances, so candidates outside of the UK or who don't have the right to work in the UK need not apply.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Public Affairs Officer, Press Account Officer, PR Manager, PR Officer, Press Coordinator, Press and Marketing Manager, Public Relations Officer, Communications Executive, PR and Communication Executive may also be considered for this role.