Job Title: Marketing & Communications Trainee
Location: Reading / Hybrid
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Vidett is one of the UK's leading professional trustee and governance firms. We work with other businesses, helping them look after pension schemes and other benefits they provide to their employees. Our clients range from the very small to the very large and include the RSPCA, Pizza Hut, Volvo and Kimberly-Clark.
About the role:
A varied role using copywriting, creativity and design skills to support a range of marketing, business development and communications activities.
The difference you'd make:
* You'll help us find and reach more potential clients, building and maintaining our profile through a wide range of marketing and PR activity.
* You'll help us win new business by helping write proposals and creating engaging presentation materials for new business pitches.
* You'll help members of the pension schemes we look after better understand their benefits and the choices they have by creating engaging communications including newsletters, websites, campaigns and videos.
* You'll help us demonstrate thought leadership in the industry using your creative writing and design skills.
Knowledge & experience
* This role requires an interest in marketing and communications, including copywriting and design.
Some experience of one or more of the following would be beneficial but is not essential:
* digital marketing, particularly e-marketing social media platforms including LinkedIn & Twitter
* creative writing, particularly in a business environment
* designing or maintaining websites
* using Office 365 suite of tools, particularly Teams and SharePoint
* managing databases and manipulating data to undertake research
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
* Excellent attention to detail and understanding of the importance of accuracy.
* An aptitude for, and desire to develop, creative copywriting and graphic design.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels.
* Able to quickly build and maintain strong working relationships.
* Able to work in advance of deadlines, prioritising & managing multiple tasks with an interest in project management.
* Good team player but motivated to work individually when needed. Equally happy to work on time-consuming tasks as well as shorter tasks.
* Enthusiastic, positive and flexible approach to work.
Training, education & qualification
* Strong A levels (or equivalent) with Maths and English GCSE or equivalent qualification.
* Relevant degree or equivalent qualification may be beneficial but not essential.
* Desire to learn & willingness to undergo training on pensions and technology applications and potentially study for relevant qualifications.
* Help draft, set out, produce and update a range of marketing collateral including flyers, case studies, videos, images, team profiles, website copy, blogs, press releases etc.
* Assist with marketing mailings & responses, as noted below.
* Help draft and lay out new business proposals, tender responses, presentations and placemats.
* Create graphics, charts and diagrams as needed.
* Support other areas of work as required, eg researching prospects.
* Help design, initiate & launch e-marketing campaigns within our e-marketing system based on content provided by marketing & communications colleagues.
* Feed back mailing results to team so follow ups can be made.
* Remain up-to-date with business to business email marketing design best practice, helping re-design our emails and introducing new techniques to improve responses.
* Help draft, lay out and update a range of communications for pension scheme members including static and interactive newsletters, announcements, letters, postcards, forms and videos.
* Create graphics, charts and diagrams as needed.
* Help maintain our intranet & digital hub - working with the team to make these as useful & relevant as possible.
* Help manage our CRM database (eg monitoring website hits and matching these to account records in the system) and support existing staff in using the system.
We offer a range of benefits including fantastic career progression and training, PMI, generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme, as well as additional benefits.
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed to the company's recruitment page.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Digital Marketing Assistant, Marketing Administrator, Marketing Associate, Marketing Trainee, Trainee Marketing Assistant, Marketing Officer, Social Media Executive, Communications Executive, Comms Officer, Marketing Co-ordinator, Digital Marketing, Marketing Executive, Social Media Marketing, Online Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Marketing Campaign Executive, Marketing Coordinator, Social Media Coordinator, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Website Editor, Website Administrator, Website Admin, Social Media, Website Content Managing, Social Media Officer may also be considered for this role.