Head of Marketing
- Digital Skills Authority
- Windsor, Berkshire
- £45K-£60K per annum
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Job Discipline
- Advertising, Sales, Brand Management, Insights & Research, Digital & Social, Trade Marketing, Innovation & NPD, PR & Media
- Experience Level
- Education, IT, Media / Publishing, Other, Professional Services, Telecommunications
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Head of Marketing and Communications
We are looking for a seasoned marketer with both a hands-on and management career in marketing and communications prior to becoming a Head of Marketing and Communications
About The Company
Digital Skills Authority in an educational publisher and global industry awarding body for digital and business skills, with a corporate training academy and associates network that develop, deliver and license delivery of our high-impacting practical role specific certifications in future skills, digital, digital business, e-commerce and marketing.* Operating collectively as Digital Skills Authority, we are a group of companies with a net value of US$7.2-million, incorporated both in the UK and USA, with offices and hubs growing internationally. We are growing our powerful ecosystem which includes accredited trainers, influencers, skills ambassadors, training providers, governments, academia and more. 2023 will see the launch of a number of powerful initiatives, offerings and platforms
Digital Skills Authority's mission is to help grow the digital economy, boost individual careers, support entrepreneurship, and enable business growth through digital know-how. As part of this mission we also empower organisations to identify and manage risks, identify and leverage business and technological opportunities, maximise efficiency, reduce costs and develop their bespoke practical and ethical policies. It is part of Portman Collier’s portfolio of interests in education, film, TV and fashion.
You will be also be head of marketing to our group companies, Portman Collier and Future Knowledge which work holistically with Digital Skills Authority.
You will manage all marketing efforts including planning, research, advertising, communications and public relations in line with our objectives.
- Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer to achieve the corporate and group marketing goals and strategic objectives
- Leading the development of product and service marketing plans, including new product launches
- Measure marketing program effectiveness and KPIs to drive continuous improvement in strategy and output
- Organize department meetings, conduct personnel reviews, and attend managerial meetings
- Participate in organization-wide strategy planning and expand our thinking around the role of marketing in achieving growth
- Oversee marketing expenses and resources including relationships with external vendors and advertising and media firms
- Ensuring the implementation of effective marketing strategies
- Focusing on growing audiences and the uptake for products and services.
- Reviewing and reporting on all areas of the marketing strategies and its implementation.
- Developing the corporate brand identity in consultation with senior managers, executives, and partners.
- Managing creative agencies and retainer partners.
- Collaborating with senior team members across all departments to uncover insights and create innovative marketing and branding strategies.
- Identifying ways to grow the marketing department and secure resources.
- Sourcing talent to ensure the curation and retention of specialist skill sets across your teams.
- Monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on all marketing activities, results, and Return on Investment (ROI).
- Conducting strategic marketing analysis that will help guide marketing messages.
- Overseeing social media planning and execution.
- Consistently identifying new or expanded revenue opportunities and strategising the implementation of plans.
- Conception, development and implementation of marketing plans and strategies, product concepts and promotional programmes to drive interest and sales.
- Working to continuously ensure the company marketing goals are communicated across the entire organisation and improving the company’s marketing outreach efforts.
- Ensuring that all current marketing and copyright regulations comply with accepted professional standards, policies, procedures, and legislation.
- Promoting and embedding strong and inspirational leadership to the entire team by demonstrating the company’s values and championing the leadership behaviour framework.
- Efficiently managing annual marketing budgets.
- Routinely sharing strategies, progress, results, learnings, and relevant industry trends, with the broader team.
As Head of Marketing, you will lead the core areas of the marketing department, including digital marketing, web-based content, offline and online media marketing, social media marketing, advertising and direct marketing.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Ability to demonstrate our seven core values: Integrity, Excellence, Impact, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility
- Supports an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities and quickly implement solutions
- Sense of Urgency - Meets deadlines, establishes appropriate priority, executes tasks and projects timely
- Experience in leading your teams’ day-to-day duties and responsibilities, as well as project managing larger ad hoc projects.
- The ability to develop strong relationships with cross departmental team members to enable collaboration, advice sharing, and directional leadership where required.
- Excellent understanding of regulations, professional standards, policies, procedures, and legislation.
- The ability to use software packages, analytics and online tools competently and with impact
- Working knowledge and experience of search engine optimisation (SEO), lead generation and affiliate marketing practices, advertising, press and PR techniques, and outcome expectations.
- Able to plan and develop requirements and briefs for marketing and communications
- Can optimise analytics and reporting processes to demonstrate ROI
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Project and programme management experiences
- Excellent interpersonal and team development abilities
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior interpersonal and organisational skills.
- A positive and approachable manner.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Adaptability to change.
- Willingness to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Interest in developing your own skills and knowledge.
- The ability to be challenged on your advice and to accept criticism.
- Able to make quick but rational decisions when working under pressure.
- International languages (Beneficial)
- Educated to degree in Marketing or equivalent experience
- Any industry marketing, digital marketing and management qualifications
Location and Travel
The role is located at our offices in Windsor, with opportunities to travel nationally and internationally. We also offer flexi-hours with the potential for hybrid working further to an acceptable period of time working with the company
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Digital Skills Authority employees, enjoy a competitive salary, annual bonus, staff pension, retail discounts, 30-days annual holiday and more.
Digital Skills Authority Culture
Digital Skills Authority has nurtured a Competence and Collaboration culture and we and retain staff based on skills, experience, aptitude, integrity and positive and collaborative attitude. We value our employees, and pride ourselves on providing a healthy, happy and fully inclusive environment. Coupled with a strong work ethic, we provide our workforce with a positive work life balance, through flexi-time, a generous 30-days annual holiday, and hybrid working opportunities. As an international group of companies, with employees, partners, subcontractors, delegates and clients around the globe with different languages, backgrounds, heritage, ethnicities, abilities, genders, we pride ourselves on being an advanced and fully inclusive employer. We also thrive on keeping our staff inclusively engaged, drawing upon any international heritage and languages, particularly when pitching to international governments and organisations, where understanding of different cultures and customs demonstrates the deepest amount of respect we have and receive from all around the globe.
Please submit your resume, along with a covering letter.
Industry's Global Awarding Body for Digital and Digital Business Skills
Digital Skills Authority in an educational publisher and global industry awarding body for digital and business skills, with a corporate training academy and associates network that develop, deliver and license delivery of our high-impacting practical role specific certifications in future skills, digital, digital business, e-commerce and marketing.* Operating collectively as Digital Skills Authority, we are a group of companies with a net value of US$7.2-million, incorporated both in the UK and USA, with offices and hubs growing internationally.
Digital Skills Authority's mission is to help grow the digital economy, boost individual careers, support entrepreneurship and enable business growth through digital know-how. As part of this mission we also empower organisations to identify and manage risks, identify and leverage business and technological opportunities, maximise efficiency, reduce costs and develop their bespoke practical and ethical policies.
Accreditation and Awards
In addition to The Certificate in Online Business Series, our own suite of business certifications, accrediting and certifying industry leaders, professionals, training providers, learning & development departments and trainers, we also accredit selected organisations and their programs providing governance and standards for practical cutting-edge impacting programs, as well as providing an experienced examination and awarding partnership.
Many of our roles are located at our Windsor Central Offices: 2nd Floor, 121-125 Peascod St, Windsor SL4 1DP, and our HR Department will confirm your primary location.
- 01753 362 654
59-60 Thames Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert