We are looking for an experienced Public and Media Relations Manager to join our group.
The role of the Public Relations Manager will be vital in elevating the brand of Digital Skills Authority raising the reach, recognition, and engagement by all members of our global ecosystem, including strategic partners, businesses, governments and more, in international, national, trade, and social media.
The successful applicant will proactively lead, plan, develop, manage, and activate public relations across the group of companies, and it’s public figures. This will include working to position Digital Skills Authority spokespeople in targeted traditional, trade, and social media as influencers, thought shapers, and subject matter experts.
About The Company
Digital Skills Authority in an educational publisher and global industry awarding body for digital and business skills, with a corporate training academy and associates network that develop, deliver and license delivery of our high-impacting practical role specific certifications in future skills, digital, digital business, e-commerce and marketing.* Operating collectively as Digital Skills Authority, we are a group of companies with a net value of US$7.2-million, incorporated both in the UK and USA, with offices and hubs growing internationally.
Digital Skills Authority's mission is to help grow the digital economy, boost individual careers, support entrepreneurship, and enable business growth through digital know-how. As part of this mission we also empower organisations to identify and manage risks, identify and leverage business and technological opportunities, maximise efficiency, reduce costs and develop their bespoke practical and ethical policies. It is part of Portman Collier’s portfolio of interests in education, film, TV and fashion.
Your role has two key elements, public relations for our corporate brand Digital Skills Authority, and public relations for our founder as a Public Figure (across her brand, companies, and engagements such as public speaking and writing). You will be responsible for Digital Skills Authority’s corporate presence through proactive PR, positive news coverage, and a range of engaging content. You will work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer, Heads of Communication and Marketing, to manage outreach of positive news stories to drive brand awareness both internally and externally.
- Present and maintain a positive public image of the Digital Skills Authority brand as exemplars and advocates of best practices across multiple sectors and areas of the business
- Secure positive coverage for our brands, including positioning our products and services in international, national, trade, and online media.
- Write and copyedit articles, press releases, and other collateral to a high standard
- Support the PR team/agency with any reputational, issues or crisis management requirements
- Manage and respond to incoming press office inquiries, in collaboration with the wider business
- Work closely with selected PR agencies to build media contacts maintaining a momentum of impacting and relevant coverage around thought leadership and other appropriate newsworthy content.
- Develop, activate, manage, and measure the impact of PR and media campaigns to support commercial strategies and strategic themes aligned with the overall brand narrative
- Develop original and impactful PR programs, strategies and tactics that drive results and support the mission and various business objectives
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team, divisions, functions, and sector teams.
- Prepare executives for interviews and staff calls
- Coordinate PR efforts with global counterparts and agencies
- Assist with the development and maintenance of association crisis communication plans
- Support and promote events and conferences
- Help develop and maintain the group media policy and master corporate Q&A document supporting messaging consistency on key and/or sensitive topics for the organization
- Build close working relationships with key partners within and outside the businesses and, where necessary, interact with and effectively communicate campaign goals with senior executives
- Global media relations strategy, focusing on national, public policy, technology and vertical market publications
- Help craft internal communications
- Assist with product and service launches and updates
- Collaborate with in-house research team to help guide direction of future market research strategy and direction for PR purposes
- Manage third-party PR agencies or contractors as needed
- As needed, create original and compelling copy for multiple communications channels, audiences, and regions, including web, print, events, video scripts, blogs, newsletters, white papers and social media
- Miscellaneous PR and communications duties as assigned
- Work with credible influencers to amplify our brands, events and news
You will also provide public relations to our group companies, Portman Collier and Future Knowledge which work holistically with Digital Skills Authority.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Ability to demonstrate our seven core values: Integrity, Excellence, Impact, Collaboration, Accountability, Agility
- Supports an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent verbal, copywriting and editorial skills and an adaptable writing style for broad audiences and on multiple channels
- Very keen attention to detail, especially editorial and proofreading for consistency and grammar/spelling
- Versatile writer who can adapt style and tone to a wide array of audiences and channels
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and large projects in a deadline-driven environment and with limited oversight
- Disciplined in meeting business goals and objectives
- Works well independently and as part of a team; develops positive relationships with team and clients
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities and quickly implement solutions
- Sense of Urgency - Meets deadlines, establishes appropriate priority, executes tasks and projects timely
- Ability to develop creative and impacting campaigns
- You will have extensive experience in PR and media relations
- Demonstrable experience as a B2B PR professional with strong media relations skills
- Proven experience in developing and executing successful campaigns
- Experience communicating complex issues to different audiences
- Experience in managing reputational issues
- Able to make complex issues easy to understand and interesting
- Ability to establish and maintain networks of contacts both internally and externally
- Strong team skills
- Ability to keep a calm head and think clearly and quickly under pressure to make the right decisions.
- Multi-channel PR campaign experience
- Track record of providing counsel and support to senior
- Time spent in a busy press office or PR agency (Desirable)
- Familiarity with public affairs and policy agenda (Desirable)
- Experience in rapid response and crisis communications
- Strong understanding of media and digital landscape
- Ability to remain composed and focused in pressurised situations
- Knowledge and experience of using digital platforms (website CMS and social channels)
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to interact and advise senior leadership
- International languages (Beneficial)
- Educated to degree or equivalent
- Any industry PR, Communications, Reputation and Crisis Management qualifications beneficial
Location and Travel
The role is located at our offices in Windsor, with opportunities to travel nationally and internationally. We also offer flexi-hours with the potential for hybrid working further to an acceptable period of time working with the company
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic as protected by applicable law.
Digital Skills Authority employees, enjoy a competitive salary, annual bonus, staff pension, retail discounts, 30-days annual holiday and more.
Digital Skills Authority Culture
Digital Skills Authority has nurtured a Competence and Collaboration culture and we and retain staff based on skills, experience, aptitude, integrity and positive and collaborative attitude. We value our employees, and pride ourselves on providing a healthy, happy and fully inclusive environment. Coupled with a strong work ethic, we provide our workforce with a positive work life balance, through flexi-time, a generous 30-days annual holiday, and hybrid working opportunities. As an international group of companies, with employees, partners, subcontractors, delegates and clients around the globe with different languages, backgrounds, heritage, ethnicities, abilities, genders, we pride ourselves on being an advanced and fully inclusive employer. We also thrive on keeping our staff inclusively engaged, drawing upon any international heritage and languages, particularly when pitching to international governments and organisations, where understanding of different cultures and customs demonstrates the deepest amount of respect we have and receive from all around the globe.
Please submit your resume, along with a covering letter.