Digital Marketing Manager
- House of Commons
- London (Central), London (Greater)
- £39,000 - £45,690 per annum
- Closing date
- 26 Feb 2023
- Job Discipline
- Insights & Research, Digital & Social
- Experience Level
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The House of Commons a unique and exciting place to work right at the heart of the UK's thriving democratic system.
Behind the scenes, the House of Commons Service is made up of more than 3,000 employees who support and facilitate the smooth day to day running of the House. They provide professional services to Members of Parliament, their staff, and the wider parliamentary community.
In addition to your salary, we offer an attractive range of benefits including:
- 30 days’ annual leave (increasing to 35 days after first full leave year).
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%.
- Access to training and development.
- Flexible working.
- Interest free season ticket loan and bicycle loan.
The Participation Team is responsible for visitor services, educational programmes, learning resources, and UK-wide outreach activities that promote Parliament and engage the public with parliamentary business.
The Digital Marketing Manager sits in the Marketing team (within Strategy and Business Engagement) which is responsible for delivering a range of campaigns that drive engagement activities on offer through Participation. A summary organisation chart can be seen at the bottom of the job description.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be at the forefront of exciting UK-wide campaigns, such as the reopening of Elizabeth Tower (Big Ben) and UK Parliament week, among many others. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the relationship with our digital marketing agency, including the review and scrutiny of media plans, buying briefs, audience targeting and channel splits.
The role will also involve working closely with colleagues in the Parliamentary Digital Service to build evaluation, attribution and tagging for digital activity through tools such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Skills and Experience
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Digital Marketing Manager to lead our overall digital marketing strategy and drive a data-driven, target-led approach. The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Experience using a target-led, data-driven, approach to the planning and delivery of digital marketing.
- Experience managing multiple digital marketing channels including PPC, paid social, SEO, display and external digital suppliers.
- Experience building relationships with external digital partners, whether individuals or organisations, to increase the reach of marketing activity.
- Experience using different types of paid digital advertising (including Display, Search and Social) to successfully target and reach specific audiences.
- Experience using a range of analytical tools (incl. Google Analytics, Data Studio, Hot-Jar, Social Analytics) to evaluate the performance of digital marketing activity.
Please click the link to find out more about the role and the team: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/house-of-commons_from-shaping-the-marketing-strategy-for-globally-activity-7026158977486848000-4OYC?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop
Next Steps and Additional Information
CV & Supporting Statement – If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV and covering letter with a 1,500-word limit. Please ensure that you demonstrate how you meet criteria 2, 3 and 5 on your covering letter.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found in the Job Description.
Please note that most job offers will be made at the minimum of the salary range, other than in exceptional circumstances.
For more information about the role, or for an informal chat, contact email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert