- Hays Marketing
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Job Discipline
- Brand Management
- Experience Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a leading independent membership organisation concerned principally with the education, training and assessment of its members to recruit an Events Coordinator based in Edinburgh.
Your new role
The Events Coordinator will supports the Marketing Manager with the deliver of a crucial element of their outreach programme to encourage students to choose their specialist area of study. The organisation arrange a nationwide competitions annually and the Events Coordinator will play a key role in the delivery of these events.
* Manage all communications with students applying for the competition and making sure that they receive their free affiliate membership
* Setting up all the heats of the competition in Schools, Trusts and universities across the UK
* Organise all Faculty for the competition
* Making sure that any sponsors are supported and that their branding is clear
* Organise venues, branding at the event and all catering for the heats
* Manage all the scoring of the heats
* Notifying the top two candidates and helping them with travel and accommodation for the final.
* Organising the Grand Final as instructed by the Marketing Manager with catering, Faculty, logistics, accommodation and travel arrangements for guests and faculty.
* Organising branding for the Grand Final
* Communicating the results and arranging for the winners to have photos taken and be invited to the dinner.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this role you will have:
* Previous event planning experience
* Great organisations skills
* Good written and verbal communications skills
* Self-motivated, willing to take on new challenges and able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
The Event Coordinator will be expected to attend all heats across the UK. This may involve quite a bit of UK travel and evening working. Time off in lieu will be offered as well as all travel and sustenance expenses.
What you'll get in return
In return for your hard work and dedication you will receive:
* An annual salary between £20-£22K
* Generous pension contribution
* 42 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Marketing has an unrivalled database of roles across a range of sectors, including public sector, financial sector, manufacturing and professional services. We also have job opportunities in Communications, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Events, Campaigns and Business Development. Marketing jobs we recruit for include Marketing Director/Manager/Executive, Head of Marketing, Communications Manager/Officer, Product Manager, SEO, PPC, CRM, Marketing Assistant and Business Development Manager. Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service to guide you through every stage of the recruitment process, while our career advice ensures you achieve your work ambitions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert