Media Manager - 6 Month Contract
- Hays Marketing
- £300.00 - £400.00 per day
- Closing date
- 1 Mar 2023
- Job Discipline
- PR & Media
- Experience Level
- Public Sector
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new company
You will be working for a large public sector organisation based in Glasgow. This role of Media Manager will be on an initial contract basis for 6 months paying £300-£400 per day inside of ir35.
Your new role
* Get to grips with key policy areas and their impact on consumers and net zero
* Write press releases, briefing papers and Q&As.
* Provide communications handling advice to policy colleagues especially over critical and high profile issues.
* Respond to media enquiries and interview requests effectively and quickly, using news judgement to know when the story is moving on, where it's going and whether to stick to the line or develop the narrative.
* Media monitoring, delivering regular and insightful updates to colleagues on relevant developments from media and political stakeholders.
* Prepare spokespeople for interview, with the support of managers
What you'll need to succeed
* Attention to detail and experience communicating with different audiences
* Excellent written skills, including exemplary spelling and grammar
* Confidence, creativity and a can-do attitude - with a growth mindset looking for different ways to tackle problems
* Experience and confidence in communicating with print and media journalists and senior colleagues
* Experience working for a large complex organisation
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. You will be paid a daily date of £300-£400 per day on a contract basis for 6 months.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Marketing has an unrivalled database of roles across a range of sectors, including public sector, financial sector, manufacturing and professional services. We also have job opportunities in Communications, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Events, Campaigns and Business Development. Marketing jobs we recruit for include Marketing Director/Manager/Executive, Head of Marketing, Communications Manager/Officer, Product Manager, SEO, PPC, CRM, Marketing Assistant and Business Development Manager. Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service to guide you through every stage of the recruitment process, while our career advice ensures you achieve your work ambitions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert