CRM Manager at a leading University in Birmingham - 3 month + contract - £20.86 per hour
A leading University based in Birmingham City Centre are looking for a CRM manager to join their team and help implement a brand new CRM system. This is an exciting role and you will be able to take ownership of this digital transformation programme, really making it you own and lending a hand to the wider team, training and advising them on how to get the best out of this new piece of technology.
You will manage and contribute to the development and enhancement of the CRM system and grow business data/intelligence, ensuring that the system, business data and use by stakeholders meet operational and strategic requirements on a daily basis, whilst continuing to evolve capabilities to improve business processes, strategic decision making and response to emerging needs and opportunities.
1. Lead on the design, development, testing and implementation of solutions and enhancements to the CRM system and all business data gathering/hosting platforms, managing the 3rd party technical and in-house development teams to deliver change
2. Provide expertise and advice in the management, setup, maintenance, intelligence building and analysis of business records
3. Provide expertise and advice for information flows to, from and between data gathering/holding platforms and systems and contribute to the overall integrity of the business data for which the University is responsible, as well as interdependent business database systems managed by partners and stakeholders
4. Provide expert technical support and advice to users, investigating and resolving technical problems, liaising with CRM partners and software suppliers as required
5. Liaise with regional partners and software providers to maintain a common awareness of future development plans and opportunities for collaboration
6. Keep up to date with future software upgrades and new components and make recommendations on their usefulness for the University
7. Contribute to a regular schedule of system maintenance, upgrades and testing
8. Regularly review, audit and assess system, data, user performance and quality of service to ensure high standards are achieved and maintained and examples of good practice are disseminated
9. Lead on business data compliance and keep up to date with, changes, developments and trends in data privacy and protection and be the lead GDPR compliance manager for business data and associated activities for RIE, and the wider university when required
10. Ensure that best practice is understood and delivered in all business data, CRM and associated activities by RIE, the wider University and regional stakeholders
11. As the lead business CRM knowledge within the University, design and deliver training sessions and offer on-going advice and coaching to internal users and external stakeholders
12. Write and maintain training materials
13. Ensure the business CRM system connects seamlessly with all customer touch-points and captures all required data and intelligence efficiently and at key points throughout customer and project lifecycles
14. Lead on analysis and preparation of targeted and compliant customer and prospect data required to power campaigns and strategic decision making
15. Ensure CRM database is consistently cleansed and updated regularly particularly post campaigns to maximize effectiveness, intelligence, compliance and value of data.
16. Lead on data segmentation, analysis and profiling activities to identify key customers, behaviours and trends, to identify lookalike prospects and maximise targeting/lead generating opportunities for future campaigns
17. Lead on the allocation of CRM enquiries/leads to product/programme managers, ensuring timely follow-up is achieved and all customer interactions are recorded properly by all users and rules of engagement are strictly followed
18. Analyse, identify and communicate customer lifetime value and make recommendations for increased customer profitability/activity via potential cross-sell and/or partnership leverage opportunities
19. Represent RIE internally, and the university externally at regional meetings, to endorse CRM use and best practice amongst contributing users, partners and stakeholders
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.