Corporate Communications Account Lead for a local government authority within London
Your new company
The council's approach is a collaborative joint enterprise between residents, the Mayor, Members, Council staff and the Corporate Management Team.
Your new role
Delivering media relations, crisis communications, campaign design and support to the Council's corporate centre including resources (finance), democratic services and HR. This will include developing communications activity that contributes to strengthened awareness and understanding of the Council's corporate priorities with external audiences including national, local and regional media; political stakeholders; and social media audiences.
* Responsibility for developing and implementing a comprehensive communications plan, including campaigns, relating to the Council's corporate priorities.
* Provide strategic advice to senior leadership and Members on issues relating to the Council's corporate strategy, budget and resourcing.
* Establish a programme of regular engagement with senior officers, partners and stakeholders to identify key milestones then develop communications plans integrated with broader Council internal and external communications activity.
* Work closely with the Senior Government Relations Officer to develop a comprehensive calendar of opportunities for media and political engagement with the Council's strategic priorities alongside developing focused, issues based campaigns.
* Actively contribute to development of the Council's communications strategy and ongoing implementation via weekly communications planning meetings and bi-monthly innovation sessions.
What you'll need to succeed
* Proven track record of successfully leading on the development of a communication programme in a large complex organisation.
* Experience of working with Elected Members.
* Experience of working on corporate strategy and financial reporting.
* Experience of managing large teams and ability to assign resources innovatively to deliver on tight deadlines.
* Demonstrable effective strategic communications experience.
* Exceptional crisis communications experience.
* Proven stakeholder management.
* Demonstrable understanding of the political nature of local and central Government.
What you'll get in return
* Competitive daily rate
* Hybrid working
* Working for a prestigious Government Authority
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.