Looking for a new opportunity in Public Affairs?
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be exclusively partnered with The Scottish Grocers' Federation (SGF) to support in the recruitment of a Public Affairs Assistant to join their team based in Edinburgh. The SGF is the national trade body for the convenience store sector in Scotland. SGF plays a key role in giving its members a voice and ensuring that the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government understand the challenges facing convenience retailers and the wider industry.
Your new role
The Public Affairs Assistant will report to the Head of Public Affairs and working with the Policy & Public Affairs Officer will support in the delivery of the Public Affairs Plan. They will play a key role in the day-to-day activities of the team. Responsibilities:
* Assist in drafting written responses to consultations from the Scottish and UK government
* Be the initial point of contact for press enquiries and requests for information from our membership.
* Provide administrative support such as minute taking, preparing 1st drafts of letters and recording the progress of the team towards key achieving targets and priorities
* Work on project and campaign related activities.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Good knowledge of the devolved political landscape in Scotland.
* Experience of working in a Public Affairs Environment would be highly desirable (e.g., for a trade body, company, or directly with the Scottish government or Parliament).
* Ability to gather and analyse information quickly and accurately and be able to meet deadlines.
* Excellent communications skill both written and verbal
* Great Stakeholder engagement skills
What you'll get in return
In return for you hard work and dedication you will receive:
* Ongoing personal development
* Up to £25,000 annualised salary
* Hybrid working
* Onsite parking
* Pension contribution
* 29 days holiday per annum (including statutory days). Additional bank holidays may be given at the discretion of the Chief Executive
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.