Deputy Director - Reputation and Brand - Working for one of the UKs leading Universities
Within this role you will devise, develop, and deliver marketing, content and brand experience strategies to strengthen and protect the university's reputation; drive awareness and advocacy of their research; and build brand equity. You will provide creative inspiration and direction to a team of content creators and Marcomms professionals leading them to develop compelling value propositions, innovative campaigns and high-quality outputs with measurable impact and cut through.
The University are making significant investment in their digital technologies in a programme of work that will see them completely transform how they engage with their audiences. With new tools at your disposal, you will collaborate with key stakeholders to create digital-first integrated marketing communications campaigns and design new processes and solutions that meet their audience needs and help them to achieve their goals.
Successful candidates will be presented directly to the hiring manager by myself and will take part in a 1-stage interview process with a panel at the University.
Strategy and planning
▪ Develop and implement digital-first integrated marketing communications campaigns that drive reputation, research advocacy and brand equity
▪ Define, develop and lead the brand strategy for the university to include the brand identity, narrative/messaging, and associated resources, communications, training and governance
▪ Lead the development, rollout and adoption of university content, messaging and visual identity frameworks
▪ Develop compelling value propositions that differentiates the University of Nottingham from its competitors
▪ Implement annual operations plans, defining activities and projects to meet recruitment targets and deliver strategic goals
▪ In collaboration with relevant colleagues, develop content and channel strategies to optimise campaign delivery
▪ Develop robust reporting mechanisms, dashboards and continual improvement plans 30%
▪ Keep abreast of developments in government policy and funding in relation to research and knowledge exchange including the Office for Students, UK Research and Innovation and associated research councils
▪ Keep up to date with emerging trends and best practice in the creative marketing field, both within the Higher Education sector and in the wider corporate sector to inform continuous service improvement
▪ Leading a large team of functional and subject matter experts, develop and embed new approaches to agile service delivery with clearly defined service levels and quality standards
▪ Working closely with relevant colleagues, develop an operating model to ensure an integrated approach to research advocacy to drive engagement
▪ Lead key marketing projects including the redevelopment of the university website to better support a range of internal and external audience needs
▪ Oversee the university's service provision relating to external print and design suppliers to ensure high quality standards and adherence to brand guidelines
Leadership and change
▪ Inspire, motivate and encourage staff to deliver an excellent service
▪ Manage the overall performance of the team including achieving targets through ongoing process improvement and a culture of creativity, innovation and high performance
▪ Champion and drive the success of the Digital Engagement programme, collaborating fully in the discovery process and inputting into the design, development and delivery of use cases
▪ Lead and manage through a period of change helping matrix teams to adapt to new ways of working and adopt agile practices
▪ Build and establish effective networks with key internal and external stakeholders
▪ Offer consultancy and support on marketing and raise awareness of the service internally
▪ Plan and manage the budget for content, brand and research advocacy activities, ensuring adherence to the university's financial guidelines
Compliance, brand and quality assurance
▪ Responsible for ensuring all marketing outputs comply with brand, visual identity, style and messaging guidelines
▪ Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements including GDPR, CMA, ASA, FOI and copyright issues. Provide advice and guidance to ensure best practice across the institution.
▪ Represent and deputise on behalf of the Director of Digital and Marketing Director as necessary and act as a key point of contact for strategic marketing within the university including involvement in key committees, working groups and projects as required
▪ Undertake any other duties and responsibilities directed by the Director of Digital and Marketing as deemed appropriate within the scale and scope of the post