Marketing Communications Executive
- Red Savannah
- Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- £30K - £35K according to experience
- Closing date
- 3 Feb 2023
- Job Discipline
- Advertising, Brand Management, Digital & Social, Trade Marketing, PR & Media
- Experience Level
- Leisure & Travel
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Red Savannah is an award-winning luxury travel company established in 2011 by George Morgan-Grenville and a team of extraordinarily knowledgeable professionals. Their address books are the best in the business and they deliver only the most superlative life-changing travel experiences. Beautifully planned private journeys across the Americas, the Indian sub-continent & Asia, ruggedly exciting African safaris, idyllic palm-fringed Indian Ocean islands and the most stunning portfolio of hand-picked Luxury Villas and Resorts in Europe & the Caribbean – are all delivered with charm, passion, integrity and style. Red Savannah brings back to the market a sense of substance, without the glitz and over-hackneyed travel jargon. Red Savannah establishes a new paradigm with the aim of bringing real experience and craftsmanship back to the forefront of global travel. Quite simply, a travel company redefined for the 21st century.
A vacancy has arisen for a well-organised, imaginative individual with a practical appreciation of well-written copy, beautiful photography and design to support the creative communications and administration of a fast-paced, growing luxury travel company based in Cheltenham. The role is office-based (with the option to work from home if desired on Mondays and Fridays following successful completion of a probationary period).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, create a rolling 12-month advertising schedule according to budget.
• Book all print and on-line adverts, design and submit artwork according to publisher guidelines / deadline and Red Savannah Corporate Identity.
• Support the Director of Marketing in the development of database marketing, including regular database refresh and segmented / triggered communications.
• Manage the e-newsletter calendar and liaise with the sales team to ensure timely distribution of e-newsletters.
• Design agreed e-newsletter creative, including writing appropriate copy and selecting high quality images and co-ordinate the send via a web-based platform.
• Upload new data lists and manage unsubscribes / amends in dotMailer and the company CRM.
• In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, arrange design, photo selection and print of collateral for direct marketing activities.
• Produce mailing lists in the necessary format from the CRM for all mailings.
• Actively seek opportunities to improve the efficiency and creative output of the company database marketing.
• Support the Head of Digital Marketing in the creation of eye-catching images and video for use in Red Savannah’s social media channels. This might include short video snippets (for Instagram reels, for example) or image carousels.
• In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, create and manage pagination; select and purchase photography; liaise with designers and copy writers; book print production within budget.
• In consultation with the sales team, negotiate marketing contributions from suppliers to support brochure production costs.
EVENTS, PROMOTIONS & SPONSORSHIP:
• Book event space according to budget.
• Create and organise delivery of all materials required for events, including consumer exhibitions and trade shows, sales trips, sponsorship and client events.
• Co-ordinate venue logistics at exhibitions and trade shows.
• In conjunction with the Director of Marketing and Head of Digital Marketing, support website content activity where required for campaign activity, such as e-marketing and video creation.
LOYALTY / RETENTION:
• Co-ordinate VIP / loyalty activity, including:
o Distribution of member-only e-newsletters.
o Maintain loyalty club member offers on the Red Savannah website.
o Support the operation of Red Savannah loyalty clubs.
GENERAL / OTHER:
• Liaise with the Director of Marketing and Digital Marketing Executive to coordinate activities to ensure on-line/off-line campaigns with seamless messages.
• Any other duties that might arise in a small, dynamic company that fosters a close-knit, mutually supportive environment.
PERSONAL QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE
• Excellent copy writing skills, as appropriate to a luxury brand targeting a high-net-worth audience.
• Competence in design tools such as InDesign, Illustrator and / or Canva.
• Experience of using video software, such as Wave, would be an advantage.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
• Ability to communicate between busy teams, often with different deadlines and priorities.
• Numeracy and an ability to work within a budget.
• Initiative, patience and flexibility under pressure.
• Experience of working with an e-marketing system such as Dotdigital and managing data is preferred.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert