6 - 9 month contract. Working for a leading charity within a local government authority in London.
Your new company
A 900-year-old historic charity and is in the top ten charities in the UK in terms of asset valuation. The primary purpose is to maintain and support five of London's most iconic Thames Bridges and its ancillary (secondary) purpose is to deliver further impact through its charitable funding and activities, delivered primarily in the name of charitable funding arm.
Your new role
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Engagement, the Communications Manager will provide day to day support and management of several aspects of the communications output - including brand management, team planning, and the teams digital offer. The Communications Manager will work with the team to ensure that the mission, vision, and values of the charity and the relationship with its trustee, the City Corporation, are clearly articulated and understood by internal and external stakeholders.
The Communications Manager will help deliver the corporate communications strategic plan that directs and oversees all internal and external strategic communications in relation to organisation's primary and secondary purpose, promoting the charity as a world-class bridge owner, charitable funder and responsible leader.
What you'll need to succeed
* Significant experience in a senior influencing role within the charitable sector or in a diverse and complex organisation where there is a wide range of stakeholders from political and business stakeholders to the public, ensuring communications are directed in such a way as to have maximum impact for the organisation.
* Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing communications strategies and plans in a large and complex organisation in order to meet strategic corporate objectives.
* Extensive experience of acting as a spokesperson and representative of a large and complex political organisation.
* Demonstrable experience using different marketing tools and techniques, communications and public relations, including digital and social media in the charity sector.
* Experience of providing strategic communications advice to internal stakeholders at all levels across the organisation, including senior managers and boards.
* Experience of establishing, developing and maintaining excellent and wide-ranging cross-sectoral contacts and with internal stakeholders, including those at a political level.
* Substantial experience of developing and managing a high-performing team and inspiring staff and holding them to account through performance management and supporting them to achieve agreed goals.
* Strong understanding of, and track record of delivering against, the principles of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) both in relation to the operational delivery of a charity's core objectives and with regards to people management.
* Experience of managing large budgets in a charity
What you'll get in return
* Invaluable experience working within a prestigious organisation
* Great benefits
* Potential for a permanent position
* Hybrid working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.