New opportunity for a Media Relations Manager to join a nationally recognised Not-for-profit.
Media Relations Manager
South Oxfordshire- Hybrid working 2 days per week in the office
I am working with a fantastic not-for-profit organisation. Hays supported this business during 2022 when they grew their marketing communications function. They are nationally recognised and made an influential impact to businesses and customers through public affairs and communications during important years, including the COVID-19 pandemic.
This organisation is now looking for a Media Relations Manager to join the Public Affairs Directorate to deliver impactful reactive and proactive media communications to deliver a high level of member satisfaction, supporting their strategic ambitions and financial targets.
THERE IS NO OUT OF HOURS PRESS SERVICE FOR THIS VACANCY.
* Managing the press office function, providing expertise and hands-on support as needed, supporting on advice and briefing on key issues and how the organisation can proactively or reactively respond in real-time and as part of integrated campaigns.
* Daily media monitoring and reporting on relevant items. Development of a library of comms positioning, responses, Q&As and other resources.
* Support development of media and press aspects of the Public Affairs and Policy annual budget, working with the Public Affairs and Policy Manager to ensure accuracy.
* Draft and implement a strategic plan of media and press relations (policy focused), setting KPIs and continually measuring success/ improvements.
* Identify, develop and maintain relationships with national and trade journalists, other trade body and stakeholder (NGOs) comms counterparts and government press offices to maximise positive industry coverage.
* Managing the Media Office with external agency support, taking a proactive and reactive approach to answering media enquiries - ensuring they are dealt with in an effective and timely fashion.
* Taking a proactive and collaborative approach to planning crisis communications and being able to implement necessary actions.
* Demonstrable communications experience encompassing media relations, PR and content/editorial, with a good understanding and interest in the reputational, legislative and regulatory issues across the industry.
* An excellent communicator and networker; able to forge effective working relationships, with the ability to influence and persuade at all levels.
* Good industry and wider national media and trade contacts or knowledge and networking experience.
* Sound experience of showing initative in creating positive news stories.
* High level of pursuasive writing and using new and different comms techniques to communicate the organisation's key messages to different audiences.
* Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to calculate, develop and integrate time plans to ensure a consistent and timely delivery.
This is a great opportunity for a PR professional to take a step up and make an impact on a valued community. If you are a communications professional looking for your next role, please contact Chloe Williams on 01865 972130 or