Part time Communications manager £350-£450 per day can be based anywhere in the UK with occasional travel to the London Office
A Non-Departmental public Body are recruiting for a part time communications manager to assist in ensuring their published output is of high quality, is delivered to target audiences and both engages and achieves impact with them. Awareness of the defence sector or experience working for a regulator would be an advantage but is not essential. Core to the role will be:
* Raising awareness and understanding of the role and remit of the organisation with targeted stakeholders
* Improving understanding and use of the guidance, tools, and support
* Encourage more early engagement with the organisation by regime participants
* Increasing appreciation of the benefits of the regime
* The postholder will drive improvements in the external communications activities. Critical to this will be supporting staff to present technical and other material in Impactful communications that engage and interest target stakeholders and will report to a member of the executive team
* The Communications Manager will be a point of contact for external communication issues and provide support for direct engagement with the media.
* Help to deliver internal and external communication activity, monitoring and reporting.
Main Duties will include: -
Support the development of a new communications strategy and an associated implementation plan. Support other staff to present technical and other material as Impactful communications that engage and interest target stakeholders - to deliver the strategy. Support the development of a new style guide. Draft reports on the success of specified communication activity. Support the work of the Board and Executive Team as required. Advise on the quality assurance of published material. Support updates to the existing business as usual communications activities. Contribute to the maintenance of stakeholder contact lists.
Skills and person specification
* Experience of working in communications with Board level and senior stakeholders in a regulatory or broader public sector setting.
* Experience of managing and delivering communication projects.
* Knowledge of a broad range of communication techniques.
* A good understanding of social media channels.
* An eye for detail and experience of quality assuring written material and preparing it for online publication.
* Good writing skills with experience of writing engaging news stories, short reports and conveying technical subject matter that is accessible to target audiences.
* Good presentational skills - able to present recommendations in written or oral form.
* Excellent time management and the ability to hit tight deadlines.
* Ability to work flexibly and in a collegiate manner.
* Design experience.
* Experience and / or knowledge of the public sector
* Experience and / or knowledge of the regulatory sector.
* Membership of a professional communication body.
To increase your chances of being shortlisted please ensure you submit a word version of your CV, clearly addressing how you meet the essential and desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification.