Assistant Marketing Manager
- AESSEAL plc
- S60 1BZ, Rotherham
- Closing date
- 31 Jan 2023
- Job Discipline
- Digital & Social
- Experience Level
- Manufacturing / Construction
- Contract Type
- Full Time
AESSEAL® are currently recruiting for an Assistant Marketing Manager to be based at the AESSEAL® head
office in Rotherham. This is a full-time, permanent position onsite.
Under the direction of the Head of Marketing, the Assistant Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping
to drive and grow marketing output. This is inclusive of strategic message development, advertising and public
relations. This individual will need to balance creativity with commercial acumen as well as holding excellent
written and verbal communication skills.
AESSEAL® is a world-leading manufacturer of mechanical seals. We use the very latest design technological
advances. We are heavily committed to the environment and our products assist engineering plants around
the world save money, save water, and save the planet.
AESSEAL® is a global engineering business, in excess of £200 million revenue which designs and
manufacture precision engineered mechanical seals and seal support systems. The products which
AESSEAL® produces reduce customer’s impact on the environment and thereby reducing the negative
impact on climate change. In addition to its excellent business reputation, AESSEAL® also prides itself on
exceeding its social responsibilities. It has a track record of developing apprentices and people within the
business. Giving employees the opportunity to grow within the business and undertake additional
responsibilities in management positions. AESSEAL® also strives for its employees to be part of some very
successful initiatives including working with schools to inspire the next generation of engineers
and entrepreneurs, sponsoring GUTS events, as well as achieving carbon Net Zero. AESSEAL is also a recipient of 15 Queen’s Awards, plus numerous ISO certifications. The business has a track record of achieving year-on-year sales and profit growth and has invested millions of pounds in facilities and machinery which contribute to making AESSEAL® a unique place to work.
• Support the Marketing team with planning, implementing and monitoring of marketing campaigns for
the business. Using widely available tools research potential target customers. Identify and verify
location of prospects. Follow up as appropriate potential opportunities.
• Assist with production of marketing materials and collateral information.
• Managing Marketing Material – ensure that collateral is in stock as agreed with the Head of Marketing,
working with suppliers as appropriate.
• Helping the organisation and coordination of marketing events such as conferences, and trade shows.
• Evaluate data and create reports on key metrics in order to monitor campaigns. Assist the Head of
Marketing and Head of Communications in the creation of marketing reports for departmental heads
and the board of directors.
• Identify and generate new business opportunities, through advertising and other promotional activities.
• Promoting, developing and upholding the AESSEAL® brand in our operating markets in the UK and
• Lead tracking – work alongside the Marketing Office Coordinator to follow up with the Sales Team on
• Supporting companies CSR activities – take active involvement, in agreement with the Head of
Marketing, in the company’s numerous school and charity related CSR activities.
• Manage internal and external requests – assign relevant tasks to the Marketing Office Coordinator,
Marketing Administrator and the Senior Graphic Designer.
• Actively promote and encourage members of the Marketing Department to further enhance their skills.
• Provide administrative and project support for a variety of marketing programs, utilising the skillset of
other members of the Marketing team.
• Support the Marketing Team and Management in running and maintaining social media platforms to
enhance the engagement and increase brand awareness.
• Work alongside the Head of Marketing and Head of Communications to distribute agreed social media
posts, press releases and communications.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Qualifications / Education
• 5 GCSE’s (grade 4-9, or equivalent, including English)
• Degree or equivalent in relevant marketing discipline.
Skills & Knowledge
• Excellent telephone manner
• Ability to understand engineering concepts and communicate them
• Ability to research potential target customers
• Excellent inter-personal skills and effective communication with the management teams, sales teams and customers.
• The ability to build good working relationships with senior staff.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communicator and good presentation skills
• A creative flair
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop etc.)
• Experience with Hubspot.
• An understanding of social media campaign planning, strategy, and scheduling.
• Experience of managing a team.
• Experience within a Marketing or Sales department for 2-3 years.
• Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
• Showcasing excellent administration practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages – particularly excel.
• Advanced IT skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks.
• Experience of using Apple hardware.
• Working within a customer focused environment.
• Desire to provide exceptional customer service.
• Results driven.
• Resilient individual and willing to challenge the status quo.
• Eager to assist in the continuous improvement of the organisation.
• Ability to promote, participate in Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
• Ability to promote, embrace and manage change.
• Contribute to a happy working environment.
• Effective and confident communicator.
• Motivated and well organised.
• Ambitious and enthusiastic style.
• Attention to detail.
• The ability to use their own initiative while working under pressure
• Strong drive to learn & a strong intellectual curiosity. (Marketing technology is always evolving).
• Good time management skills
AESSEAL® is one of the world's leading specialists in the design and manufacture of mechanical seals, bearing protectors, seal support systems and gland packing.
Established in 1979, AESSEAL® has grown with the simple purpose: ‘to give customers such exceptional service that they need never consider alternative sources of supply’.
This customer-focused vision has seen the company grow into a global leader employing more than 1,700 people in 230 locations supplying customers in 104 countries, with more than 300 customer service representatives that visit industrial sites every day.
AESSEAL® aim to exceed all customer expectations in delivery, quality, reliability and service and above all else, as a business that is reliable and can be trusted.
- Mechanical Seals from AESSEAL® are used in a wide range of pumps and rotating equipment worldwide to prevent liquids and gases escaping into the environment.
- Over 7% of annual sales revenue has been reinvested in R&D over several decades, resulting in some of the most advanced sealing technology available today including modular design to ensure the best on-time delivery performance in the industry.
- AESSEAL® customers save billions of litres of water each year, significantly reducing costs and water waste to leading to extensive inroads into sustainability targets.
- As part of a seal management program, AESSEAL® provide a ‘no-work, no-pay’ warranty and a guaranteed 48-hour shipment of standard products.
Like many businesses, AESSEAL® faces challenges and in particular the engineering skills shortage, which is particularly acute in the South Yorkshire region and is set to continue. To help address this issue, AESSEAL®offers an extensive apprenticeship programme with a long record of attracting young people into apprenticeships through its ‘grow your own’ initiative. AESSEAL® regularly holds events such as apprenticeship open days, opening its doors to the public.
Bradmarsh Business Park
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert