Communications / Internal Communications
Yorkshire Ambulance Service Senior Internal Communications Manager
6 - 12 months £48,526 - £54,619
I'm delighted to be supporting the Yorkshire Ambulance Service. They need an experienced internal comms manager to grab the reigns on a number of projects which could vary from body cameras to the green agenda.
You will be delivering and managing the internal content across 7,500 members of staff and volunteers. The ability to engage with stakeholders is a must. Whilst there will be no day-to-day management needed, experience working with the designers and the digital team will be an important factor.
Their HQ is based in Wakefield however you are only needed to be on site once a fortnight. This is a very busy and challenging assignment with a variety of constantly changing projects.
* Form effective working relationships with staff across the Trust, and specifically with senior managers, including the Chief Executive and members of the Trust Executive Group, to provide advice and guidance on internal communications and ensure coherent messages delivered to appropriate audiences by developing a strong understanding of key organisational issues, and linkages between services.
* Coach and support senior leaders and managers in how to communicate news, information, projects and initiatives to employees effectively, providing strategic and tactical advice on handing highly complex and sensitive issues, as a senior point of contact.
* Develop clear and consistent internal communications messages, contributing to the development of the Trust's communications strategy, aligned to the Trust's objectives and priorities, for key audiences, through a range of internal communications channels.
* Manage the production and editing of the Trust's internal communication tools and channels, ensuring the quality of content, including news stories, features, comment pieces, email messages, talking points and scripts, adapting the style, tone and content for different channels and audiences.
* Be the first point of contact for internal communication enquiries and requests for advice
* Proactively seek opportunities to advise on communications issues
* Establish effective networks and partnerships with other organisations to enable the Trust to continuously improve and learn from best practice.
* Utilise excellent interpersonal and communications skills to overcome any concerns and address barriers.
* Support the head of communications in managing the communications response to crisis situations, liaising, as directed with senior managers to ensure staff and internal audiences are fully and consistently briefed through drafting of updates and key messages.
* Deal with complex communications challenges and provide recommended actions for internal communications, requiring judgement to be exercised to identify and assess problems, where a range of options and their implications have to be considered, or where expert opinion can differ or some information is unavailable.
* Assess and manage all internal communications requests, providing expertise and advice on appropriate approach, style, tone and channel to communicate and engage and support the head of communications in the production and editing of a broad range of communications to the highest standard.
* Monitor and analyse internal communications channels and activity to guide development, regularly reporting on effectiveness and engagement.
* Use analysis and interpretation, as well as best practice. to anticipate future developments and trends for internal communications and formulate plans and strategies in response.
* Create targets and performance indicators to measure impact and ensure that these are monitored, managed and reported on.
* Work closely with the communication teams to ensure that messages communicated internally are consistent and coordinated with external messages.
* As part of the on-call out of hours service for the corporate communications team, provide advice and guidance on issues, including sensitive and complex communications challenges, including updates to external audiences, including the media and liaising with external stakeholders as required.
They are looking to appoint before Christmas so if you have a senior/strategic internal comms background, please get in touch.