Support Global CMS Migration Project with Technical Search Audits & Optimisations
Your new company
My client is a leading business services organisation with worldwide operations in over 50 countries and a workforce of over 30,000 employees internationally. Despite their size, UK operations are a vibrant, family-feel team with a sizeable marketing department working closely together. The role will be based largely remotely with occasional/monthly travel to offices & work spaces in Surrey and/or Sussex.
Your new role
This job as an Organic Search Specialist is to leverage the Google local search landscape and to lead activities relating to Google products like Google My Business (GMB) and Local Services Ads (LSA). In addition, the role will audit, monitor and implement Technical Local Paid Search & SEO best practice to maximise the discoverability and performance of websites across organic and paid channels that target local users with the goal of driving lead flow.
Due to a large-scale global content migration project to a new CMS, this role is a 12 month contract to support the team in initially completing Technical SEO Audits of new webpages to ensure maximum discoverability. This will be followed by projects to optimise pages for future innovations and increased performance.
What you'll need to succeed
* Strong knowledge and experience of technical SEO considerations, analysis & reporting, on-page, local search strategies as well as how social media benefits organic search visibility
* Good understanding and experience of SEO best practices: including defining technical considerations through audits, making on-page recommendations, understanding the organic local search ecosystem and how social media could be used as part of a holistic strategy
* Understanding of search engine algorithms and their impact on the organic performance of websites
* Understanding of technical SEO changes (e.g. robots.txt optimisation, 301 redirects, hreflang, canonicalization, schema, etc.)
* Use 3rd party audit / SEO / Search tools to carry out web quality audits. Examples include SEMRush, deep dive site crawlers such as Screaming Frog and backlink auditors such as Kerboo/Ahrefs.
* Any experience with Content or Web Migration projects is beneficial, but not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of up to £40,000 and have the opportunity to work almost entirely remotely throughout the contract. This is an exciting global project with a leading FTSE business, offering great exposure and opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.