Communications and Engagement Manager - Hybrid Working - Leading University - up to £41,000 per annum
This role will be a collaborative initiative working with willing local partners. The core existence of the role is to lead on communications and engagement on a major project focused on the opening of a new campus. The ambition is for the project to be a leading example of a University/City partnership and will be a new operation based at the University's brand-new campus.
My client is seeking a skilled communication professional to lead stakeholder communication and engagement activities for the University. The role-holder will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective and well-managed communications approach to promote awareness of the Universities projects, initiatives and services, both to internal university stakeholders and specific external audiences. You will have the ability to select the most appropriate channels and platforms to maximise impact and engagement, balancing diverse stakeholder requirements and supporting the University to deliver their strategic objectives. The role-holder will work closely with the projects Senior Leadership Team to deliver a clear and creative communications, marketing and engagement offer and develop ongoing strategic and operational planning in these areas. They will also work closely with the University's External Relations team, and other internal communications and engagement teams for related strategic programmes.
The ideal candidate would need.
* High degree of initiative, responsibility and self-motivation.
* Ability to define priorities and to work flexibly and effectively under pressure to meet demanding and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
* Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
* Excellent presentation skills and a proven ability to communicate complex concepts to a range of audiences.
* Ability to translate complex and specialist information into relevant and engaging content
* suitable for a variety of stakeholders and communication channels.
* Excellent planning skills, with the ability to balance conflicting deadlines and multiple priorities.
* Ability to interact effectively and work with a wide range of people at all levels within the organisation.
* Ability to select appropriate media to deliver dynamic content that meets user requirements and provides an excellent user experience.
* Experience of planning, implementing and evaluating a communications and marketing plan for a complex service or organisation
* Experience of delivering integrated marketing campaigns using multiple communications channels
* Experience in a communications role from an organisation or service with multiple stakeholder groups
* Line management experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.