Your new company
Working for an inspiring organisation which has made significant change, for over 50 years. They work to be a supportive body where families and people are at the heart of what they do. This organisation offers a stimulating and rewarding career with an opportunity to influence and make a real difference in the community. In addition, you will benefit from access to excellent training and development opportunities.
Your new role
You will need to be a dynamic, creative individual to join their Community and Events Team as the new Senior Event Fundraiser. You will lead on delivering a range of bespoke events from concept to completion; large scale events growing in attraction. As an experienced Event Manager, you'll focus on creating amazing experiences for their supporters, from the moment they engage with the organisation, building loyalty that lasts beyond event day. Working in a forward-thinking team, you will develop 3-year growth plans across your events, working continuously to improve our offer and stand out in an increasingly competitive events market. With some creative freedom, you will help grow our portfolio of events, working collaboratively across the organisation to launch new initiatives, activities and events that help us achieve their mission.
What you'll need to succeed
* Several years' experience in complex Events and a passion for Fundraising.
* Experience of managing bespoke events.
* Experience of developing new relationships and building a programme of engagement to grow fundraising income / event attraction.
* Experience of line managing and supervising staff.
* Experience of public speaking and delivering presentations to a wide variety of audiences.
* IT literate with all standard Microsoft office applications
* Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders both internal & external.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing including experience of writing fundraising applications.
* Drive and enthusiasm to grow the events fundraising programme and able to budget aware, aiming to reach financial goals.
* Prioritising work and meeting deadlines with excellent organisational skills.
* Self-starter with strong team working ethic who is willing to take the initiative and pro-actively develop new streams of income.
* Full driving licence needed
What you'll get in return
* Hybrid working model - 3 days in the office 2 days WFH.
* Two offices to travel to.
* Excellent training and development opportunities.
* A number of health and wellbeing schemes
* A competitive contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance scheme with generous beneficiary plan.
* You will also have access to free on street parking nearby and an onsite staff canteen at Sydenham site.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.