Do you have the marketing skills to deliver impactful behaviour change campaign activity that will help protect our environment, people and the economy? Defra’s Campaigns and Marketing Team is looking for a creative and talented Campaigns and Marketing Officer to deliver engaging marketing activity that makes a real difference to people’s lives.
Defra deals with a vast range of issues, that affect all of us. We’re responsible for England’s environment, our countryside and rural economy. This role is part of the Campaigns and Marketing team’s environment portfolio, and deliver fast-paced, national campaigns on high profile environmental issues such as air quality, animal and plant disease threats and outbreaks, including bird flu and invasive plant species.
Passion, energy and a hands-on attitude will be needed to deliver strategic marketing plans across the full communications marketing mix. In order to reach a diverse range of audiences, you’ll work with external creative agencies as well as in-house teams to deliver both low-cost and paid-for marketing activity across digital and offline channels. You’ll work closely with policy teams and communications colleagues, as well as building relationships with a range of local and national organisations to ensure we’re reaching the right audiences in the most efficient and creative ways.
The Campaigns and Marketing team sits within the Campaigns, Digital Engagement and Brand function of Defra Group Communications. As well as working with teams across communications disciplines, you’ll be part of the Government Communications Service, giving you access to a range of learning and development opportunities. We’re an inclusive and highly motivated team, ambitious about delivering communications that challenge perceptions, change behaviour, builds partnerships and achieve results for our environment.
We're looking for someone who will:
- Develop campaign implementation plans working with internal teams, cross-government departments, external agencies and suppliers to ensure activity is delivered on time and to budget, and there is demonstration of value for money.
- Manage the implementation of behaviour change campaign content, tactics and activities across the full marketing communications mix.
- Build trusted relationships with local, national and external partners to support campaign delivery.
- Use innovation and creativity to plan and deliver campaign tactics.
- Develop and manage the production of content for campaign channels from briefing and production through to approval.
- Ensure campaign implementation has a strong methodology and KPIs in place to optimise activity, measure success and capture return on investment.
To apply, please click on the ‘apply’ button.
Closing date: 11:55pm, Sunday 27th November 2022.