Hello! We’re HPL: For the last seven years, HPL (High Performance Learning) has been on a mission to radically change how schools think about how the brain learns. Learning is a science and following many years of research into how people think and learn, we now know that what was always perceived as impossible is now possible: there are no restrictions on learning.
We are built on the premise that ideas of fixed ability has no place in a school environment, and only tells you that the school segregates pupils according to the school’s own perceived assessment of what the student is capable of achieving. It also assumes that most children are not capable of achieving highly. This really makes us vexed, and it’s the reason we founded HPL - to help schools realise that every child can achieve highly, and they should be helped to secure that. (You can read more about our founding timeline below.)
So, by removing the barriers to achievement, we are reimagining education for a new world with our rigorous, systematic and holistic approach to teaching and learning – a unique evidence-based philosophy and framework that empowers every child.
Our team works with ambitious school leaders to deliver better measured outcomes for each individual pupil by equipping each student with advanced cognitive skills and the essential values, attitudes and attributes that they will need for lifelong success. We partner with schools around the world to help them adopt HPL, improve their whole school performance and create happy learning environments for all pupils.
If you care deeply about quality and equality in education and believe everyone regardless of background or starting point should have the chance to achieve then high performance learning is for you and we want to get to know you better.
Context: We are excited to be able to advertise a brand-new role to join our team: Marketing Manager. If you are passionate about education and want to work with staff in amazing schools across the world, then come and join our small but influential company based near Oxford.
Our main approach to marketing thus far is via the creation and the sharing of great content. HPL is an education thought leader and we are looking to further increase our profile on the world stage.
This post supports the recruitment of new schools into the HPL family. Schools join HPL through a two-year adoption process leading to accreditation and then stay with us overtime, proceeding on their ambitious journey of improvement, using HPL to secure unparalleled learning outcomes for students. As accredited HPL schools, they are focused on systematising and optimising HPL throughout the school to gain deeper impact and to come closer to the goal of every single student being a high performer.
Our schools are experts in contemporary learning sciences. It is a community who together drive what it means to be world class, shaping educational futures with fellow ambitious, like-minded educationalists. They set the standard for other schools to follow and their voice provides thought leadership at a global level.
HPL is rapidly growing. The team is deliberately small, agile and global, meaning all team members are expected to be:
- enterprising self-starters with a passion for our mission, problem solvers who can find solutions and relish the task of doing so, team players who are willing to support across the business as needed, able to move fast to see possibilities and exploit them, able to influence from a distance whether it be leaders in our schools, Associates who work free-lance for us or contractors supporting our delivery, and client focused. Our schools are our business, and we listen to them.
We need your help with:
Building on, and developing further our current marketing approach, your role will encompass four areas:
- Strategic marketing planning
Think about our long term goals and break them down into actionable plans across the year
Devise brand and targeted campaigns to raise our visibility and promote brand awareness
- Digital & content marketing
Manage the content for social media
Manage our website
Regularly post and sharing practice from our existing schools
Create in-house design for social media and e-based publications
Track impact, including SEO, and producing quality reports for CEO and Board to assist with company decision making
Advise the Commercial Director on ways to maximise our digital footprint
Write and edit compelling copy for the website, press releases, blogs, articles and promotional materials
Develop relationships with key industry press
Work with our external brand partners to strengthen our brand, market to potential schools and generate leads
Support the Commercial Director with the management of the pipeline and forecasts
About you: As our ideal candidate, you’ll be excited by the challenge of finding ways to grow HPL and ultimately by doing so, help more children be taught in an inclusive way. We’re looking for someone who can see the bigger picture of a long term strategy, who can devise marketing plans, execute campaigns, write compelling copy to deliver our message, and design visually appealing content to accompany the messaging. In your application you’ll need to demonstrate your ability across all three areas - strategic thinking, copywriting and visual design.
You’ll be ahead of the game on current marketing trends, design concepts and education PR news. You’re a person who loves to play with social media and constantly seek out new marketing channels, with the confidence and skills to use them effectively. You’ll enjoy defining our target audience and pinpointing the best methods of reaching them.
You’re also an excellent communicator, (including excellent written and spoken English skills) with stellar external customer facing skills and the gravitas to represent HPL effectively to senior educational leaders.
This is a role for a proactive person who has strong organisational skills and the ability to self-manage and self-regulate.
We’re a perfect match if you believe in:
- Collaboration Concern for society Confidence
- Enquiry Creativity and enterprise Open-mindedness Risk taking
- Practice Perseverance Resilience
What we can offer you:
- GROWTH: the chance to develop your career and progress within HPL. We don’t hold back with promoting people, we nurture talent and develop careers, and we’ll support you in any way we can
- FLEXIBILITY: enjoy hybrid working conditions partly at our wonderful office in the Cotswold town of Witney and flexible home working
- AUTONOMY: we won’t be looking over your shoulder, you’ll be confident and skilled to grow the role yourself with guidance
- INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL: the chance to experience different cultures around the world as you liaise with and visit our partners to help tell their HPL stories and plant more seeds
- PENSION: automatic enrolment in the people’s pension scheme
- HOLIDAY: 25 days plus bank holidays
- PASSION: work with a mission driven, game changing social enterprise with a passion to help all children learn
Interested? Here’s what to do: We have already changed the lives of over 80,000 students, supported the professional development of 8,000 teachers and delivered our programmes in over 100 schools in 14 countries around the world.
If this excites you and you want to help take us to the next level, let us know by way of letter, cv, and short visual portfolio why you are a strong Marketing Manager, how you fit what we are looking for, what sets you apart from the rest, and when you would like to start.