Job Title: Junior Communications Officer (Design)
Salary: £21,500 per year. Increasing to £24,400 after successfully completing probation.
Job type: 35 hours per week. Full-time, Permanent. Hybrid working.
Migrant Help is a leading charity that has been established for over 50 years and delivers a range of support and advice services to migrants across the UK. Our vision is for a global society that protects vulnerable migrants, treats them with respect and enables them to reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will be an organised and accountable designer, have demonstrable experience of establishing effective working relationships with colleagues and be passionate about protecting our vulnerable clients.
If you have a great eye for design and strong writing skills, can demonstrate a proven proficiency in graphic design (Adobe CC) and video editing skills and are looking for an exciting role within a charity that is making a difference, we'd love to hear from you!
We are currently looking for a Junior Communications Officer (Design) to join our warm, friendly and supportive Communications team, on a Permanent Contract.
The post holder will work as part of the Communications team to help deliver effective and engaging internal and external communications on behalf of the charity, through a variety of channels. The successful candidate will lead on the design element of content and assisting with the production of written content for digital and printed materials, following Migrant Help's brand guidelines. The post holder will support and assist the Communications team with our social media output and take responsibility for monitoring and actioning the team's external and internal communications.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Design and produce engaging graphical content for Migrant Help materials and communications (both internal and external)
* Advise and assist staff on the development of such materials
* Assist with organisation of the publication of materials, as needed
* Ensure brand awareness, consistency and development across all communications
* Support the creation, collation and editing of written content including case studies, web articles and blogs from across all areas of Migrant Help's work
* Contribute to keeping Migrant Help's staff and trustees informed of relevant activities through newsletters, intranet and other outlets including social media
* General administrative duties, including managing stock of information materials
* Assist with organising, developing, promoting and supporting Migrant Help's activities and events, including external conferences, as required
* Contribute to creating and maintaining a photo/video library where necessary
* Adhere to GDPR guidelines
Experience and skills:
* Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to communicate with diverse groups
* Have a flexible and adaptable approach to the requirements of the role and the business demands, able to prioritise appropriately
* Highly motivated with genuine talent for design, and interest in communications
* Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
* Ability to relate to a wide variety of stakeholders regardless of background, both internal and external
* Flexibility and work life balance
* Enhanced family friendly provisions
* Additional holiday entitlements
* Perkbox benefits
* Non-contributory pension scheme
Please click on the APPLY button to complete the application form for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Digital Communications, Digital Marketing, Marketing Executive, Senior Marketing Administrator, Marketing Associate, Marketing Officer, Social Media Executive, Marketing Analyst, B2B Marketing, Design, Digital Design, Communications Executive, Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketing Executive, social media Officer, Comms Officer, Marketing Co-ordinator, B2C Marketing, Marketing Manager, Internal Communications Officer, Public Relations Manager, PR Executive may also be considered for this role.