Your new company
This organisations is the independent regulator for practitioners within the medical sector in the UK, and nursing associates in England. Their core role is to promote high education and professional standards for practitioners across the UK, maintain the register of professionals eligible to practise and investigate concerns about their industry and practitioners. They believe in giving professionals the chance to address concerns, but will always take action when needed.
Your new role
Reporting to the Public Affairs manager, you will be in charge of supporting and assisting with the development of the organisations parliamentary and senior government relations across the UK's four nations. The support of all the day-to-day public affairs activity is needed and in the role you will have opportunity to grow and develop in the role. You will be writing briefings and draft correspondence to key political stakeholders.
What you'll need to do be able to do to succeed
* Maintain public affairs records and insight, managing our databases and processes to ensure information is secure and accurate.
* Take responsibility for staying up to date with, analysing and reporting on political news and support any required response to external developments.
* Write engaging, personal stakeholder correspondence on behalf of senior colleges, ensuring these communications align with the organisations visual and verbal identify.
* Manage the central public affairs mailbox; ensuring timely responses to email correspondence.
* Create briefing materials for directors and senior colleagues ahead of meeting and events, ensuring that colleagues are supported in their engagements.
* Create high-quality, externally-facing briefings and other resources to update our partners, in line with our visual and verbal identity. - Working with Specialists in the team to ensure high-quality design and effective publication of these material.
* Contribute to strategic communications and engagement planning by ensuring planning tools are maintained with up-to-date public affairs activity.
* Possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills, organisation skills and time management.
What you'll get in return
* 30 Days annual leave + Bank Holiday
* Hybrid working, very flexible (1 day in the officer required)
* Attractive pension scheme
* Subsidised on-site restaurant
* Discounts and Vouchers
* 24-hour employee assistance program
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.