East England Forest District's Internal Communications Engagement Officer - Perm role - c£30,000 - Suffolk
I am excited to be working in partnership with Forestry England who are recruiting for an Internal Communications/Engagement Officer to join their team.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the strategic approach to internal communications and staff engagement within East England Forest District at Forestry England.
As Internal Communications/Engagement Officer you will progress the district internal engagement strategy, optimise our internal communications channels and manage their internal communications, ensuring that the content is engaging, relevant to the audience and reflects their organisational priorities.
As East England Forest District's Internal Communications Engagement Officer you will be part of a small Marketing and Communications team supporting the forest district team of over 170 employees. You will also work closely at times with the wider Forestry England Marketing and Communications team, who are collectively responsible for all aspects of marketing across the nation's forests, development of membership and supporter packages, and internal and external communications.
Your role within the district team will be to lead on internal communications. You will implement the Internal Engagement Strategy, prepare copy for internal communications, including district newsletters and internal reports, and organise and participate in district communication events.
You will be responsible for improving, enhancing, and ensuring the ongoing maintenance of internal communications within the district. You will support the Senior Management team and Business Support team with internal communications and provide advice and support on internal communications for district projects.
You will be a firm believer in the power of involving employees with ideas to make that happen. You will know the right communications channels to get our messages out, and the best ways to encourage conversations and hear people's views. You will be comfortable working alongside and writing for senior leaders and keeping the programme focused on what different audiences need to know.
* Working in a Communications role
* Developing communications plans and evaluating their success
* Managing communications channels e.g., newsletters, intranets
* Planning and organising events
* Working with and influencing colleagues outside of your direct team, including those more senior than you.
* Experience of working in internal communications (desirable)
Essential Technical criteria:
* Competent IT user with experience of MS Office suite of applications
* Writing engaging content for a variety of different audiences
* Diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive subjects affecting staff
* Good presenting skills and a confident facilitator.
* Relevant degree and/or professional qualification (desirable)
* A great environment with flexible working options and a range of family friendly benefits
* Generous annual leave allowance increasing with service, plus additional 'privilege' days off
* Generous Civil Service pension
* A range of wellbeing benefits, including access to an Employee Assistance Programme 24/7
* A culture which promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment
* Free parking at Forestry England sites and free entry to our National Arboretums.
This is a fantastic learning opportunity, working with skilled and experienced colleagues across the organisation. Forestry England is committed to lifelong learning, and they will support your career development in a variety of ways, including:
* Learning and development tailored to your role
* Continual Professional Development: support for individual learning plans and sponsored membership of professional bodies.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact me for an informal discussion or click apply now with your up to date CV.