This Foundation is one of the worlds largest unions and professional body, for the medical sector. They represent around 500,000 practitioners in the UK and internationally, creating for themselves a large community. They pride themselves, as a member-led organisation, on working collaboratively with our members to influence governments and other bodies, improve working conditions and produce campaigns surrounding issues to raise the profile of their practitioners.
Your new role
As Head of Fundraising and Communications, you will reinforce a positive, entrepreneurial and inspirational style to achieve sustainable growth in income and raise profile. You will need to show empathy with the values and aims of the Foundation and have commitment to equality and diversity. You will lead on the Foundation's fundraising and communications strategies to support the delivery of their current programme of work.
Reporting to the Foundations Director, you will be responsible for achieving the organisation's fundraising goals and for communicating with members, supporters, stakeholders and partners. There will be a particular emphasis on fundraising from individuals which can be through regular giving, legacies or major donors - and from corporates.
What you'll need to succeed
* Degree (or equivalent qualification)
* Evidence of continuous professional development.
* An understanding of key ingredients of success for the following key fundraising components: regular giving; legacy fundraising; major gifts; and corporates
* Experience at a senior level in fundraising; and a track record of developing and delivering fundraising strategies, and of growing income streams, therefore having experience of planning and managing budgets with evidence of achieving and growing significant income targets, effective line management including developing staff, and managing performance through setting and monitoring KPIs.
* Experienced previous charity communication, including branding, PR, marketing and digital communications and working within a complex, organisational structure.
* Ability to take a strategic overview of fundraising and communications whilst comfortable with taking a hands on approach to delivery.
* Ability to use Microsoft Office Packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, internet and diary software to an intermediate level.
* Ability to apply a creative and innovative approach to fundraising, business partnerships and income generation, ideally within the health sector.
* Ability to travel and with occasional overnight stay.
What you'll get in return
* Annual leave of up to 32 days plus bank holidays.
* A broad range of learning development opportunities.
* Award-winning health and wellbeing programme.
* Generous maternity, adoption, paternity, and shared parental leave packages.
* Flexible hybrid working style and somewhat flexible working hours.
* 2 days in the office required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.