A Public Relations Officer / Press Officer, who has excellent copywriting skills and experience of dealing with the media, is needed to join a leading environmental charity based in the Midlands. Taking up a hybrid role (flexible working from home) this is a unique opportunity to support and develop a leading communications strategy for an outstanding charitable organisation.
With over 9 million trees planted, more than 100km of new cycleways and walking trails created and visitor numbers exceeding 9 million a year this innovative environmental charity have transformed 200 square miles across parts of Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Staffordshire. As a driving force for positive change in response to the climate crisis, this charity is a real success story for regeneration and transformation.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager the Public Relations Officer / Press Officer will work at the forefront of public opinion supporting a communications strategy which develops, delivers and monitors public relations, communications and media engagement activity. Expect a varied opportunity involving maximising media coverage, delivering content plans, writing copy, preparing messaging, using journalistic skills for interviewing and story generation. In short, you'll champion this amazing brand whilst raising awareness, engagement and media relations.
This is a very exciting journalistic role which will see you dealing with the media, you will need to be an experienced copywriter but also be great with people and confident around managing the setup of radio interviews, photography shoots, videos, etc.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER OUTLINING WHY YOU THINK YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR THE ROLE IN YOUR APPLICATION.
To qualify… You should be a Public Relations Officer / Press Officer / PR Manager / Brand Marketing Manager / Communications Manager / Marketing Officer / Head of Comms / Public Relations Manager or similar with a CV and Cover Letter that demonstrates:
- Experience gained within a similar PR / Press role;
- Excellent copywriting skills;
- The ability to build relationships with journalists and media / social media representatives;
- Project management and planning skills (e.g. the ability to forward plan seasonal shot lists and video requirements);
- First class communication skills;
- The ability to manage photographers and videographers (adhering to brand guidelines) whilst organising and building an online asset library for both media and wider content.
- The ability to communicate with a broad network of stakeholders (from environmental bodies, to journalists, videographers and more);
- A passion for good causes and the environment.
In addition to working for a great environmental cause you'll also benefit from a great benefits package which includes: 30 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), a pension up to 14.5%, an amazing working environment, free parking, hybrid hours, bonuses, staff wellbeing programmes, L&D plus loads more.