About EngineeringUK EngineeringUK is a not-for-profit organisation, which works in partnership across the engineering community with a wide range of organisations from business and industry, education, professional institutions and the third sector, to understand the engineering sector and the skills it needs and to develop, deliver and promote effective initiatives and programmes to inspire young people to consider a career in engineering. Together we’re working hard to improve the diversity of the young people we inform and inspire into engineering, helping to create a diverse and inclusive engineering workforce that reflects the UK population. And we’re growing our collective understanding of how to inspire young people into engineering to meet the workforce needs for environmental sustainability.
We guided by a series of values that we apply to all our activity.
We are insightful and open and honest with our insight so that everything we do to inspire young people into engineering is based on clear and up-to-date evidence, gained by listening to and learning from our community. We are courageous and dynamic in the development, piloting and promotion of ideas and activities which can help us all to inspire tomorrow’s engineers and increase the talent pipeline for engineering. We are passionate about inspiring a new generation on engineers and making a positive difference to young people’s lives. We are inclusive, with partnership and collaboration at the heart of what we do. We are determined to reach those people who are underrepresented in modern engineering.
About the role
The Marketing Communications Officer supports the delivery of EngineeringUK marketing and communications
activities, including raising awareness of Tomorrow’s Engineers, The Tomorrow’s Engineers Code and our Corporate Membership offer. With a focus on our corporate audience, you will work on campaigns that drive engagement
with our work. You will also support a programme of virtual and in-person events, including delivery, recruitment
and legacy content.
Your work will make a vital contribution to meeting programme targets, raising the profile of our work and driving
increased targeted engagement with our programmes and services. You will report to the Marketing Communications Manager, who leads on all our B2B marketing communications activity. You will work with colleagues across the communications team and EngineeringUK generally to deliver integrated marketing and communications plans and
a programme of engaging events. You will also support teacher-facing campaigns to maximise engagement with
our schools programmes.
It is based at the EngineeringUK offices at 10 Lower Thames Street, London EC3R 6EN with occasional travel in the UK. We believe that hybrid working has many benefits and are pleased to offer flexible working with a baseline of 2 days a week in the office, and core hours of 10am to 4pm. Further details on our flexible working practices can be provided at interview or via a member of our HR team.
- Delivery of digital marketing campaigns, including asset development, search, social and email Managing social media content and channels
- Optimising online and subscriber content, including SEO audits and management
- Analysing and reporting on digital performance to improve audience engagement
- Delivery of audience-focused events and production of legacy content
- Delivery of successful event recruitment campaigns, including producing assets and collateral
- Design and production of marketing collateral, digital content and research outputs (including working
with a design agency)
- Supporting schools-facing marcomms campaigns
Person specification Essential experience and attributes
- Experience of delivering integrated B2B campaigns
- Excellent understanding and experience of social media for integrated marcomms
- Experience of creating content on CMS-based websites and email marketing platforms
- Experience of producing print and digital marketing collateral
- Experience of CRM and data management
- Experience of SEO, analytics and data insight
- Confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with real ‘can-do’ and pro-active attitude.
- Resilient and resourceful team player
- Ability to fully engage with EngineeringUK values and be committed to achieving the organisation’s goals
Desirable experiences and attributes
- Experience of paid search, paid social and digital lead generation Experience of working with graphic design packages (for example, InDesign and Photoshop) Professional marketing or communications qualification Experience of working on skills/education related issues
Education / level of experience
A professional marketing or communications qualification is desirable but not essential for this role.
Applying for this role Please send a CV and statement in support of your application that is no longer than two sides explaining how you fulfil the key criteria for the role by email to HR@engineeringuk.com, quoting the job title in the subject of your email. Please also tell us where you saw the job advertised in your email as we are currently tracking our applications.
The deadline for applications is before 12:00 noon on Monday 10 October 2022 .
Applications will be assessed against the requirements for the post as set out in the Role Profile and Person Specification.
EngineeringUK are working hard to be a disability confident employer. Please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make for you during this recruitment process and beyond.
We aim to notify candidates who have been shortlisted on 15 October. If you have not heard from us
after this date, please assume that you have not been successful.
First interviews will be held virtually on 19/20 October 2022.
EngineeringUK is an inclusive organisation; we welcome everyone with all skills, experiences, and backgrounds.
Each applicant will be individually assessed regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity,
marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, ethnicity, colour, or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are open to flexible working, including job share.
Benefits / Perks
- 28 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays and 3 days at Christmas)
- Competitive pension
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Access to office gym with employee discount
- Yearly flu jabs