Senior Commercial Marketing Manager
As part of RSSB’s commitment to increase the revenue from its commercial services, the Senior Commercial Marketing Manager heads up a team that creates marketing plans for RSSB’s Training, Consultancy, Affiliation, and Supplier Assurance propositions.
This exciting role will be responsible for the development and implementation of the commercial promotional strategy, targeting RSSB members and the wider rail industry, both in the UK and internationally.
A strategic thinker and effective communicator, you will be supported by a dedicated Marketing Manager, colleagues across the Marketing, Content and Events team and the services of an integrated B2B marketing agency.
In addition to using CRM, member data and analytics to drive lead generation, the role also provides the opportunity to develop RSSB’s digital marketing capability as part of a rolling programme of investment in Dynamics for Marketing and Sitecore.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role is a fantastic opportunity to join RSSB at a time of positive change in the rail industry.
RSSB Commercial offerings - marketing plan development
- Manage the development and delivery of the marketing strategy for the Affiliation, Training, Consultancy and Supplier Assurance, agreeing KPIs, budgets, messaging, timelines and channel strategy for each proposition.
- Act as the initial point of contact for internal stakeholders, with a focus on the achievement of agreed lead generation and retention targets across the commercial offerings in-line with wider commercial goals and business objectives.
- Contribute to the achievement of commercial and business objectives, revenue targets and product development strategies through the commissioning and provision of market research and customer analysis.
- Evaluate national and international markets for Affiliation, Training and Consultancy to identify and shape target customer segments and adapt campaign plans, collateral and execution to suit these segments.
- Develop and track key performance metrics, including customer acquisition cost associated with digital channels (CAC), the resulting net lifetime value (LTV) and the associated CAC:LTV ratio, and report insights to the Marketing Director and Chief Commercial Officer.
- Lead the Commercial Marketing team and line manage the Commercial Marketing Manager.
- Work collaboratively across the wider Marketing Team, commissioning and specifying web, media relations activity and content marketing assets in good time and with clear and viable briefs.
Digital Marketing - channel development
- Act as the informed internal client for digital marketing capability for Business Development and Engagement, articulating requirements, ensuring best practice, providing informed comment and ‘fit for purpose’ sign off recommendations to the senior leadership team.
- Set Marketing requirements for inclusion in the IT development roadmap to help produce an aligned multi-channel roadmap that links the digital channels, Events, CRM and the website to provide a connected, data-driven digital ecosystem.
- Act as the Business Development and Engagement expert and point of contact with the Data Protection Officer at RSSB, creating regulatory compliant marketing processes and policies while ensuring the best possible use of RSSB customer data to support business objectives. This includes challenging established thinking and overcoming barriers to the way data can be used to ensure it is exploited to its full potential.
- Demonstrated track record of achievement and of influencing business outcomes across diverse functional boundaries, in a matrix structure.
- Proven project management skills with experience of delivering projects to a high standard, on time and to budget.
- Business acumen and analytical skills that translate to effective marketing tactics and strategy, contributing to business growth.
- Fundamental understanding of digital marketing systems, digital marketing best practice and the ability to specify an effective digital marketing requirements.
- Able to generate and interrogate customer and campaign data to create data insights for subsequent implementation and campaign enhancement.
- Proven experience of CRM (Microsoft Dynamics 365 or an equivalent platform) deployment, enhancement and operation to drive email, direct marketing, surveys and customer data integration across web and social media channels to drive customer engagement and response.
- Line management experience, setting objectives, managing direct reports and supporting the development of subordinates.
- Degree-level education or equivalent
- Post-graduate marketing or digital marketing qualification or equivalent
- Experience of digital analysis and reporting, including use of Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Sitecore Analytics, Hotjar, Open Site Explorer, TwentyThree, Buzzsprout, Campaign Manager, ClickDimensions and Dynamics for Marketing.
- Experience of social media tools such as HootSuite, Brandwatch and Falcon and an understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, Flash.
- Appropriate understanding of GDPR and PECR and the application of these regulations in the B2B marketing environment.
- E-literate and competent in developing, administering and using PC and associated networks and systems (Microsoft Office, Teams, SharePoint etc.) to acquire, manipulate and disseminate information.
- A strategic thinker and effective communicator, with personal integrity and the ability to make rational, realistic and sound decisions.
- Ability to remain calm and objective, whilst working to tight deadlines and on numerous projects.
- Personable, articulate and with the gravitas to persuade a complex set of senior and executive level stakeholders, building effective working relationships.
- Experienced at conflict management, building collaborative relationships and listening to others.
- Able to monitor progress against agreed plans and pivot strategy if initial activities fall short of achieving set objectives.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.
We value diversity and equal opportunities in employment and are committed to creating a workplace which is inclusive to everyone. As a member of the Disability Confident Scheme, we encourage candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria, to apply for our jobs. If you have applied under the Disability Confident Scheme, please let us know in advance by emailing vacancies@RSSB.CO.UK
If you require any reasonable adjustments with respect to our selection process including information in an alternative format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand the importance of work-life balance and we offer our staff the flexibility to work within our core hours and the option to vary their location between both the office and home. If you are looking for further flexibility, speak to us at interview stage so that we can consider your request.
We value our staff and we offer a competitive benefits package to ensure our staff can achieve their best throughout their journey with us. This includes 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays); a holiday buy and sell scheme; private medical and dental cover; a season ticket loan and travel subsidy; access to a cycle to work scheme; volunteer leave; a performance related bonus and pension.