Is this role for you?
- This role is not for everyone. If you want independence, ownership and responsibility for growing our fundraising, programmes and our events audiences, then read on!
- We have a small team, move fast and work very independently.
- We run very much like a startup, and are entrepreneurial and creative. In partnership with our CEO and Head of Fundraising and Events, you will have space to define and deliver on your own growth strategies.
- We run a Results-Only (ROWE) which means that you have no fixed place or hours of work - just do a great job in a way that works for you.
- This is a great role for the right person, where you can really unleash your potential and take us to a new level.
Who you are.
- The role requires a Marketing Manager that has experience in both developing and executing marketing and communications strategies.
- We also require experience in developing growth strategies, content creation and a lot of creative thinking.
- You are an outstanding communicator and relationship builder, who takes real pride in creating interesting, bold content and engaging with relevant audiences.
- Having a love for water isn’t a requirement, but it certainly is a big bonus if you do!
Level Water Vision
Level Water is a fast-growing charity with big ambitions. Our goal is to kickstart a love of swimming in children with disabilities. A love that acts as an example of everything that life can offer them, starting from that very first splash. We're working hard to ensure that the thousands of children with disabilities in the UK have access to life changing swimming lessons.
We are passionate about living our values and place them at the centre of everything we do. We are excited about like-minded talent who share these values, joining the team. These values are:
- we are bold; we apply this boldness to everything we do:
- we are joyful; we inject this joy at every given opportunity;
- we are personal; we hold this accountability, wear our hearts on our sleeves and give the best of ourselves to those who rely on us;
- we are driven; we bring this energy going into every challenge we take on.
The outcomes of your role include:
- growing our programme - engaging with all stakeholders - particularly pools and families - and demonstrating our impact as boldly as we can;
- growing our event audiences - ensuring that our iconic open water swims are engaging with the right audiences and we’re increasing the number of events and swimmers;
- growing our fundraising - engaging our fundraisers and importantly encouraging new fundraisers with persuasive communications and content.
Working closely with our Events & Fundraising team, you will:
- develop our Marcomms strategy;
- implement it;
- design and implement a clear growth strategy for PR, social media and email lists (audience for events);
- manage the Level Water fundraising and events pages on our website, ensuring that we have the most up to date information on our events and fundraising activities;
- manage all email marketing and promotion of events;
- build an engaging content library, including commissioning video and photography;
- lead on all our digital advertising and paid social ads;
- build and deliver a year round social media strategy for the charity;
- grow our email database.
Working closely with our Programmes team, you will:
- develop our Marcomms strategy;
- implement it;
- manage the Level Water programme page on our website, ensuring all pages are up to date with news updates, case studies and pool/provider lesson updates and event details;
- create broad awareness of the Level Water programme;
- find, design and curate a library of digital stories from our swimmers, families and teachers;
- work in partnership with key stakeholders to promote Level Water at a local and regional level;
- build a calendar of events and awareness days to promote Level Water and our swimmers at points throughout the year;
- strengthen the relationship between fundraisers and Level Water programmes;
- build and utilising a strong network of press and local authority contacts;
- promote our swimming pool partners to recognise their work and contribution.
Overall management - we do not have a marketing agency, therefore, you will:
- manage freelance content producers - videographer, PR, copywriting, web designers;
- write scope of works, review proposals and source quality, value for money freelancers;
- work closely with the Head of Fundraising and Events to manage a marketing budget.
- £33-38k basic (dependent on experience)
- Our whole team works remotely - it is our preference that you can get to Tunbridge Wells one day a week (and more during the first month)
- We don’t work 9-5 and you don’t need to either
- We will agree on the outcomes that you’ll deliver each month - it is up to you how, where and when to achieve them.
HOW TO APPLY
For your application, please send the following through to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your CV
- a 3-minute video of you talking through a time when you have designed and implemented a successful marketing campaign.