£38.5k, 12-month FTC, Excellent Benefit Package, Hybrid Remote
Your new company
Our client is a member-led, sector-owned charity that works with institutions and higher education across the world to improve higher education for staff, students and society.
They are experts in higher education with a particular focus on enhancing teaching and learning, effective governance, leadership development and tackling inequalities through our equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) work.
Delivering deliver support through professional development programmes and events, Fellowships, awards, student surveys, providing strategic change and consultancy services and through membership (including accreditation of teaching and learning, equality charters, research, knowledge and resources).
Your new role
The Marketing Manager (Programme and Events) provides support to the Head of Marketing to ensure the successful delivery of the marketing plan and overall planning of Programme and Events campaigns, marketing collateral, utilising resources effectively and efficiently.
1. To plan and deliver the Programmes and Events (UK and International) marketing plan through the effective use and management of resources to budget to drive leads, online sales, opportunities and engagement to meet income targets.
2. To manage the planning of major multi-channel, global marketing campaigns on a 12-month planning horizon to drive awareness and leads for Programme and Events, segmented by audience to maximise impact.
3. To identify innovative and engaging ways of surfacing our client's services, mission and work to relevant audiences, in support of Programmes and Events.
4. To adhere to quality standards and expectations for ensuring high quality, outcome focused cost-effective development and delivery of our client's Programmes and Events campaign strategy and plans.
5. To lead the conceptualisation, planning, production, and creative overview of printed and digital collateral (brochures, flyers, adverts etc.) to support the needs of Programmes and Events activity.
6. To manage the work of design and digital agencies to produce the collateral, ensuring projects work to plan, are signed-off by internal stakeholders and hit deadlines, whilst remaining in budget.
7. To organise print and production of our client's collateral, ensuring quality and cost efficiency, being a trusted advisor within this respect across the marketing team.
8. To develop excellent relationships with the Programmes and Events team, leading an account management/partnership approach to achieve this to ensure their needs are being met.
9. Working with Programmes and Events, co-create engagement strategies and activities in support of programmes alumni groups/networks.
10. To create test and learn strategies to support engagement and income for Programmes and Events.
11. To oversee the measurement of all Programmes and Events marketing activity to ensure effectiveness, making recommendations for improvement.
12. To provide social media support.
13. To ensure all campaign activity comes in on budget.
14. To manage the implementation of brand guidelines in Programmes and Events marketing campaigns, in support of lead generation and sales activity, and in support of delivery.
15. To be a trusted advisor both internally and externally.
16. To maintain areas of specialist knowledge and expertise.
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge & Skills
* Creating and updating web pages using a CMS (Drupal, WordPress or similar)
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
* Experience of email marketing and marketing automation platforms (Click dimensions or similar)
* Working with digital suppliers (design and web development)
* Proficient in web analytics (Google Analytics / GA4 or similar)
* Planning and creation of data driven digital marketing campaigns
* Content creation (blogs, social, email, video)
* Managing multiple social media channels
* Implementing campaign tracking and website tagging (GTM or similar)
Personal qualities and attributes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including writing for a range of audiences
* Proven ability to create clear simple messaging about complex subjects
* An enthusiasm and desire to learn and develop in all things marketing/digital marketing
* Strong stakeholder management and a 'can-do' attitude that allows effective working across different functions and teams
* Ability to manage multiple parallel activities with conflicting deadlines and to prioritise workload
* Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
Desirable Knowledge & Skills
* Knowledge of HTML/CSS
* Knowledge of Data analytics (Google Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau or similar)
* Knowledge of CRM systems (Dynamics 365 or similar)
* Experience implementing website redesigns and web improvements
* Experience of A/B testing, CRO and content optimisation
* Experience of paid and organic search marketing (PPC and SEO)
* Experience of implementing of display and retargeting campaigns
* Knowledge of accessibility, usability and UX design
* Budget management experience
* Degree with marketing and digital marketing elements or a specific marketing/digital marketing qualification (CIM, IDM or similar), or proven experience to this level.
What you'll get in return
Our client offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including 31 days holidays, Flexible hours in a hybrid role, pension scheme, and life insurance between other items. More information available for successful applicants.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.