Managing Director, Thomas Telford Ltd, London, Competitive salary, plus other benefits
Thomas Telford Ltd (“TTL”) is the trading company of the Institution of Civil Engineers (“ICE”) and serves the global construction and engineering professions by providing a broad range of world-class products and services. The ICE is a registered charity and is incorporated by Royal Charter; its overriding objective is to foster and promote the art and science of Civil Engineering and support the people who work in the profession. Civil engineers are playing an increasingly important role in dealing with climate change and as such, TTL is also playing its part.
Named after the first President of the ICE, the company echoes his innovative approach in the production of world class knowledge products. TTL owns and markets the NEC contract and manages the world leading One Great George Street Events business. It provides support to senior industry professionals, officials and politicians in a range of governments and companies. TTL has revenues in the region of £25m and an ambitious strategy is in place to substantially increase its profits (and therefore contribute to the ICE) over the next five years.
The profits generated are gift aided to the ICE to support the ICE’s charitable activities.
TTL intends to continue its growth by making much greater use of digital technology to support its increasingly international consumer base. This is in tandem with their commitment to sustainability and will provide the successful candidate a stimulating and rewarding experience in a dynamic commercial environment, but with social purpose.
- Responsible for delivering Thomas Telford Ltd.’s profit growth, as consistent with the overall vision, mission, and objectives of the ICE, and ensuring its long-term organisational (specifically digital) transformation and strategic health
- Provide inspirational leadership to the team across the varied commercial business units of TTL
- Ensure all business units have a customer-focused perspective in their strategy and delivery of products and services with clear measures to support improvement
- Recommend the strategic priorities for TTL to the TTL board and work closely with the ICE Director General on matters which have group-wide implications
- Successful commercial leadership experience in a medium-sized enterprise with demonstrable track record of revenue and profit growth
- Experience (not necessarily in all) in relevant revenue channels including information, training, conferencing, and publishing
- Experience overseeing the commercially successful transition of a business to the digital and online domain
- Broad understanding of (or demonstrable empathy with) the engineering profession
A candidate brief can be downloaded below.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10 October 2022.
Thomas Telford Ltd is mindful of the value that diversity can bring to the board. While gender diversity is a critical consideration, the company is also interested in individuals whose age, experience, or nationality can bring a different perspective and outlook to board discussions.
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Add to list' if you would like to look at other roles before starting to apply.
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.