- Hays Marketing
- England,North Yorkshire,York
- Remote Hybrid + package
- Closing date
- 11 Oct 2022
- Job Discipline
- Experience Level
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Your new company
Our client is a member-led, sector-owned charity that works with institutions and higher education across the world to improve higher education for staff, students and society.
They are experts in higher education with a particular focus on enhancing teaching and learning, effective governance, leadership development and tackling inequalities through our equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) work.
Delivering deliver support through professional development programmes and events, Fellowships, awards, student surveys, providing strategic change and consultancy services and through membership (including accreditation of teaching and learning, equality charters, research, knowledge and resources).
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will work with the Head to ensure the creation and successful delivery of the marketing strategy and plans in support of our client's Membership offer. This will include overall planning of campaigns, marketing collateral, utilising resources effectively and efficiently whilst actively promoting the values and culture of the organisation. This role also is the brand champion internally and with external stakeholders to ensure the consistency of Advance HE's brand
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To plan and deliver marketing strategy and plans through the effective use and management of resources including staying with budgetary restraints to support the needs of the organisation.
2. To lead the planning of major multi-channel, global marketing campaigns on a 12-month planning horizon to drive awareness, engagement and leads for membership and its services and benefits, Fellowship and Accreditation services Charters, segmented by audience and stakeholders to maximise impact.
3. To lead the support and promotion of our client's membership services including membership renewal activity, Fellowship, Accreditation, Charters (Athena Swan and Race Equality Charter) and Teaching Excellence Awards through the development and delivery of integrated campaigns, adhering to budget.
4. To work as part of a strategic cross-functional team that leads on the development and delivery of all membership benefit activity, working to define the nature and delivery of member benefits and ensuring that they are aligned to customer need and provide customer value.
5. To lead on the promotion of brand management across all areas of the organisation, working with external stakeholders and partners to ensure consistency our client's brand across all its markets
6. To manage the development and positioning of new resources and publications, working in partnership with resource owners, the Communications team and with the line management support of the Senior Content and Publications Executive
7. To adhere to quality standards and expectations for ensuring high quality, outcome focused cost-effective development and delivery of our client's campaign strategy and plans.
8. To identify innovative and clever and engaging ways of surfacing Advance HE's services, mission, and work to relevant audiences, identifying links and connections between the separate offerings.
9. To ensure the directorate has the correct level of resource, liaising with the Head of Marketing to take steps to ensure levels are maintained as required.
10. To work proactively with the Communications team and Senior Content and Publications Executive in the development of a diverse range of content to stimulate customer action (engagement, interest, lead or booking).
11. To lead the conceptualisation, planning, production, and creative overview of printed and digital collateral (brochures, flyers, adverts etc.) to support the needs of the organisation, including conference and event dressing.
12. To undertake periodic reviews of the competitive environment and the activities of competitors to understand our client's positioning relative to these.
13. Using the periodic reviews, undertake and support appropriate activity to develop our client's proposition and related messaging.
14. To develop excellent relationships with Heads of Membership, KID, Fellowship and Charters teams. Leading an account management/partnership approach to achieve this to ensure their needs are being met, working externally with partner stakeholders where required.
15. To create test and learn strategies to support engagement and income.
16. To oversee measurement and reporting of all marketing activity to the organisation to ensure effectiveness, making recommendations for improvement.
17. To provide social media support.
18. To ensure all campaign activity comes in on budget.
19. To be a trusted advisor where applicable.
20. To maintain areas of specialist knowledge and expertise.
21. To provide daily management, direction, and support to multiple direct reports, advising on priorities and approach to working
22. To identify performance enhancement opportunities for direct reports and provide guidance and direction to improve their ways in working
23. To support cross functional working.
24. To ensure compliance with processes and systems and to proactively engage in their ongoing development and improvement.
25. To model and live client's values.
26. To be responsible for delivering to deadlines.
27. To develop and adhere to policies and procedures to meet legal and moral obligations in respect of, but not limited to equality, diversity, and inclusion, GDPR, health and safety; and Charity Commission requirements. 28. Any other reasonable duties commensurate with level of role
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge & Skills
* Knowledge of marketing techniques and strong marketing skills.
* Brand expertise and understanding of the intersection
* Knowledge of print and production, with a strong eye for detail.
* Good attention to detail and proof-reading skills.
* Understanding of the full marketing mix
* Effective leadership skills
* Minimum 7 years' experience of marketing.
* Experience of managing a team or demonstrable experience of having the aptitude to manage a team.
* Experience of managing budgets (of up to £250k).
* Experience of managing or demonstrable experience demonstrating the aptitude of implementing change management projects including culture change.
* Proven experience of managing marketing agencies, designers, and other suppliers.
*A Marketing degree or equivalent
What you'll get in return
Our client offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including 31 days holidays, Flexible hours in a hybrid role, pension scheme, and life insurance between other items. More information available for successful applicants.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Marketing has an unrivalled database of roles across a range of sectors, including public sector, financial sector, manufacturing and professional services. We also have job opportunities in Communications, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Events, Campaigns and Business Development. Marketing jobs we recruit for include Marketing Director/Manager/Executive, Head of Marketing, Communications Manager/Officer, Product Manager, SEO, PPC, CRM, Marketing Assistant and Business Development Manager. Our expert consultants offer a personalised recruitment service to guide you through every stage of the recruitment process, while our career advice ensures you achieve your work ambitions.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert