Consultation and Engagement Officer - London Borough Council - 6 Month contract - upto £300 per day
Consultation and Engagement Officer
London Borough Council
6 Month contract - 4 days per week
Upto £300 per day (Dependant on experience)
Remote working (Office working 2x per month)
Your new company
London Borough Council
Your new role
The Consultation and Engagement officer is responsible for providing specialist advice, guidance and support to colleagues to enable them to undertake high quality consultations.
The role is part of the corporate Consultation and Engagement team working to inspire residents, businesses, and stakeholders to improve and influence Council services and policies; and address wider issues that affect their lives.
The role will require knowledge of statutory responsibilities and best practice pertaining to consultations, confidence to provide specialist advice to staff at all levels, experience of regular reporting of consultation outcomes and familiarity with consultation software.
To deliver the Council's approach to public consultation and resident engagement in line with the objective of empowering residents and communities to play a role in shaping the place they live and the services they receive.
To take the lead in maintaining the Council's Consultation platform, the consultation resources on the intranet and website information regarding consultation for residents, ensuring that these are up-to-date, accessible and can be used to inform engagement activity and reporting.
To provide specialist advice and expertise to enable Council colleagues, teams, and services to undertake consultations and engagement work in line with the Council's statutory obligations and corporate ethos that "Engagement is everybody's business"
* To provide information, support and guidance to Council colleagues carrying out consultation and engagement activities, ensuring that these activities comply with all legal and policy requirements and provide meaningful opportunities for residents and other stakeholders to actively influence decision-making, shape the services that they receive and determine priorities for their local areas.
* To play a key role in developing the Community Engagement team's greater corporate role of strategic coordination, support, promoting best practice and constructive challenge, and embedding the ethos that 'engagement is everyone's business".
* To support the development of a range of processes, products, and initiatives to support colleagues with formal consultations to embed consistency and best practice
* To work effectively as part of the Council's Corporate Consultation and Community Engagement team as well as wider Communications, Public Affairs and Events Division, representing the team on relevant task groups as required and ensuring effective coordination and promotion of Events.
* To provide practical support and guidance to officers from across the Council, drawing upon a deep knowledge of the law of consultation and consultation and engagement best practice
* To provide expert, authoritative, reliable feedback on consultation and engagement proposals, survey design and stakeholder mapping, to ensure consultations are compliant with Council legal responsibilities
* To develop and maintain systems to ensure that appropriate management information is provided and made accessible to the senior management team or other bodies as requested.
* To produce monthly reports regarding consultation activity, including performance monitoring and forward planning of consultations.
* To maximise the reach of consultation and engagement activities by ensuring relevant platforms are appropriately aligned and external and internal stakeholders are encouraged to take part in relevant consultations.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.