Communications Manager Role for Leading Chemical Manufacturing Organisation
Your new company:
Your new company is the largest chemical manufacturing organisation in Britain with over 4300 employees spread across 8 European countries. The organization is grounded in the production of chemicals that are utilised in the most demanding applications used by a host of industries including pharmaceuticals, automotives, building and construction, food, and technology. They are looking for a Senior Communications Manager to join the Sustainability function of the business.
Your new role:
Your new role will be a strategic management position within the Sustainability team reporting directly to the Director of Sustainability. You will be responsible for taking the lead for developing both internal and external communication strategies that works directly towards the businesses overall objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, delivering crisis management, producing key sustainability messaging to go out to market through various channels, producing content for the company website and the intranet. The role will also require travel to the European offices.
* Take a holistic overview of the corporate internal and external communication and execute effective campaigns to protect its business brand and position the organization positively
* Deliver a consistent company voice across all channels, including website and social media, to ensure stakeholders, customers, suppliers, and government regulators view the brand as a cutting edge, safe company with sustainability being its number one priority.
* Ensure government regulations are understood and met and manage and represent the company when dealing with a crisis
* Sit with senior members of the business to discuss complex issues and understand how to convey the messaging in a meaningful and concise way
* Implement and design both marketing campaigns and customer events with senior stakeholders across the entire business
What you will need:
* Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, to ensure complex messages are delivered in a meaningful, compelling and influential way
* 15 years' experience in a Communications / PR role with extensive media relations experience as well
* A driven and self-starter attitude, ready to get stuck in and manage complex projects and work across multiple channels
* A team player approach, able to manage and train others
* Fully proficient in English
* Speaking a European language is advantageous
* Creative and strategic thinking and planning skills
* Time and flexibility to travel within Europe is essential
This role offers an extremely competitive salary, a generous bonus and package and the opportunity for progression. If you are interested in hearing more about the role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.