Retail Marketing Manager
Hybrid: Home/Central London
£30,000.00 - £35,000.00 pa + free Oyster card and an exciting, rewarding environment
Based in Covent Garden, we are the world’s leading museum of urban transport. But that’s just part of our story. We are passionate. We are curious. We are adventurers.
As a heritage and education charity, we reach every primary school in the capital to fire the imaginations of tomorrow’s engineers, designers, scientists and arts enthusiasts. With business partners and industry decision-makers, we tackle the topics that matter to London, from smart cities to green innovation.
We want to close skills gaps, redress gender imbalance and create opportunities for under-represented and disadvantaged communities.
We want to ignite curiosity to shape the future.
Your role and responsibilities
As Retail Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and leading on an integrated marketing plan to promote shop merchandise (online and in the Covent Garden shop) and raise awareness of London Transport Museum’s (LTM) retail offer. This will include scoping and co-ordinating print and online advertising campaigns and opportunities, as well as driving sales through a range of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) channels including email, loyalty schemes, discounts and value-added promotions. You will also build relationships with customers through social media engagement, PPC (Pay Per Click) and re-targeting activity and support retail PR on seasonal activity.
- Lead on the development of an integrated Retail marketing strategy to promote the Museum's online and Covent Garden shop merchandise and raise awareness of LTM's retail offer in order to reach sales targets Manage and update campaign planners, keeping information accurate and up to date, including monitoring campaign spend and present findings / recommendations to the wider Marketing and Retail teams. This will also include establishing SMART KPIs and targets in order to track performance. Build our customer database through initiatives including, but not limited to, competitions, third party partnership promotions and prize draws and develop loyalty initiatives to ensure promotion of the Museum. Drive sales through a range of CRM channels including email, loyalty schemes, discounts and value added promotions to existing customers. Alongside the eCommerce Manager, utilise the online shop’s new Adobe Commerce functionality to increase average order value and encourage repeat visitation from customers. To proactively target customers likely to purchase products with a higher overall margin. e.g. Print to Order products, posters & prints, made to order furniture. Develop appropriate and targeted marketing plans to manage the launch of new retail ranges. Responsible for the Shop’s social media output, creating compelling and sticky content that converts followers to buyers. You will work closely with the Marketing team to create paid for social media campaigns that raise awareness of shop products nationally and internationally. Supporting the commercial team on seasonal marketing activity (particularly Black Friday and Christmas trading periods), through digital advertising campaigns, enewsletter activity and PR opportunities. Work closely with the Covent Garden shop team to produce appropriate marketing collateral to drive purchases in-store, as well as greater awareness locally to make the shop a must visit destination for customers looking for that unique transport-inspired product. Act as brand guardian for the LTM shop, ensuring assets adhere to brand guidelines. Be responsible for the Retail marketing budget to ensure effective ROI across all activity and to monitor on-going campaign spend.
Your experience and skills
This is a rewarding role for an enthusiastic, confident and motivated person. Working in a vibrant, fast-moving environment, you will have the opportunity to touch the lives of people across London.
- Proven track record of delivering successful PR and Marketing campaigns, including securing media coverage
- Strong digital skills including basic HTML abilities in order to help support the promotion of the shop across our in-house digital marketing channels.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in order to deliver an engaging marketing strategy plan.
- Experience of working in a similar managerial marketing role.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading.
- Experience of writing engaging press releases
- Good creative drive and act as the brand ambassador for the LTM shop.
- Knowledge of retail/merchandise marketing and PR, including the understanding of stock management and margins.
- Good budget management skills and ability to review and monitor campaign spend.
- Knowledge of advertising and print production.
- Knowledge of GDPR and all other relevant legislation so that any pieces of third party activity can be actioned securely in line with the Museum’s retention policies.
- Knowledge of current/emerging technologies, trends and best practice in marketing and communications to ensure we are targeting the right audience, with the right message at the right time.
- Ability to manage own time and workload.
- Collaborative working with colleagues, partners and stakeholders from the commercial and not-for-profit organisations.
- Working with external organisations and agencies including suppliers.
- Experience of working in an ecommerce environment.
- Proven experience in content management systems, email marketing, search engine optimisation, Google Adwords and use of Google Analytics.
- Experience of CRM systems.
What we offer
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days’ annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
For further information, go to www.ltmuseum.co.uk/about-us/
To apply, please visit our website. On applying, you will need a CV and a one-page covering letter.
Closing date: Sunday 4 September 2022.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to represent the city we serve, which will help us become a more innovative and efficient organisation. Our goal is to make our recruitment as inclusive as possible. We are a disability confident employer who guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets all of the essential criteria. We also use anonymising software that removes identifying information from CVs and cover letters to make the process fair.