Events Assistant -London to start ASAP for 5 months £20.26 per hour including holiday pay.
The Events and Protocol Assistant will support the Head and Events and Protocol Managers in managing all aspects of arrangements for Ministerial Meetings and CHOGM as well as other high-level events.
The Events and Protocol Assistant will provide support in project administration and management and where appropriate take on stand-alone projects. The individual will also take responsibility for co-ordinating events at Marlborough House and has a lead role in organising public access to the building through open days and guided tours when the building is open. Main duties will include: -
* Assists with all logistical and administrative arrangements for all ministerial meetings, high-level events and CHOGM;
* Where appropriate will be given projects to fulfil on behalf of the Events and Protocol Section;
* May also be required to travel overseas to support the Head of Events and Protocol for Ministerial Meetings and CHOGM from time to time.
* Arrange and co-ordinate travel for staff teams and resource persons.
* Negotiating and liaising with external travel agents and suppliers.
* Liaise as necessary with staff and colleagues in Finance.
* Arranging payment of Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) payments.
* Arranging accommodation which may include booking through external websites and negotiating and booking with hotels;
* Responsibility for updating travel calendar on intranet;
* Manage group registration and access for Secretariat staff teams to meetings;
* Arrange all conference shipments, including liaising with external divisions/sections on shipment items and deadlines;
* Work with Head of Events and Protocol and Secretary General's Office (SGO) and other colleagues to arrange gifts for CHOGM and Ministerial Meetings;
* Order badge and stationery printing;
* Prepare delegate lists;
* Arrange and coordinate virtual meetings on various event platforms such as BlueJeans, Goto Webinar and Cisco Webex.
* Liaise with external clients to ensure Marlborough House events run smoothly.
* Liaise with all internal sections to facilitate meetings, including preparation of weekly report of forthcoming meetings and events
* Liaise with external suppliers to provide consistent and client orientated services are provided for all meetings
* Co-ordinates group tours of Marlborough House
* Manage CODA financial software for accommodation, travel and other payments for all meetings
* Prepare financial acquittals for payments .
* Assist the Events and Protocol Managers in the preparation, updating and monitoring of event budgets.
* Ensure proper electronic filing of all related documents, and hard copy filing where required.
* Assist with report writing at internal meetings.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below: -
* Experience of working on large-scale events, both live and virtual, in an international conference environment.
* Proven ability to work cohesively as part of an events team
* Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions in challenging circumstances
* Strong communication and relationship management skills
* Qualification to degree level or degree-equivalent
* At least two year's office experience
* Ability to follow policies and procedures
* Attention to detail and ability to work and adapt under pressure.
* Experience of using administrative and budget tools, and excellent proficiency with Microsoft office applications in particular MSTeams, Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
* Experience of using virtual events platforms such as BlueJeans,Goto Webinar and Cisco Webex amongst others.
* Experience in working within an international organisation in a multicultural context.
* Experience working with records management systems, filing structures, and electronic records and information management.
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience ASAP