Digital Communications Officer- Local Government - 3 month contract (+) - £25.00 per hour
Digital Communications Officer
* Local Government
* 3 month contract (with opportunity to extend)
* £25.00 per hour (UMB)
* Hybrid working
Your new company
London Borough Council
Your new role
* To create and publish high-quality social media content across the council's corporate channels in support of communications campaigns and other council activity and objectives.
* To advise and support other members of the communications team, and other council officers using social media in the course of their work, on creating and publishing high quality content.
* To evaluate council social media activity.
* To monitor and respond as appropriate to comments and queries raised on social media.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
* Create engaging, accessible, accurate and appropriate content for the council's corporate social media accounts (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, NextDoor) and publish it in a timely and effective manner, to include text, video, imagery, animations and infographics
* Ensure social media queries and comments are replied to in an appropriate and timely manner, according to processes agreed with the Digital Communications Manager
* Work with and support any Media and Communications Officers assigned to digital work
* Liaise with the media relations team in a timely manner to alert them to any issues on social media which might attract media attention, and supports reactive media activity on social media
* Draft content for the council website as directed by the Digital Communications Manager
* Advise members of the communications team on writing for the web
* Advise council services with social media activity on how to create engaging, appropriate and timely content and how to respond to queries and comments
* Raise any concerns about social media activity by council services with the Digital Communications Manager
* Evaluate the council's social media activity using tools, processes and metrics agreed with the Digital Communications Manager
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.