Your new company
At this organisation, most of their income comes from delivering public services commissioned by local authorities. They want to diversify their income through fundraising, having achieved a 40% win rate across fundraising, with 1 in 2 large grant requests being successful. Their funding priorities focus on capacity building to develop and enhance our services and technology and implement our strategic ambitions and plans.
Your new role
Your primary focus is to work alongside the Head of Fundraising, Marketing and Communications to write five and six figure grant applications. You will have responsibility for:
* Clarifying opportunities and needs across the organisation, working proactively with staff to identify fundable initiatives.
* Developing concepts working with internal teams to help with technical and operational information for applications.
* Plan, prepare and write applications and prepare their budgets for grant-giving organisations, including trusts and foundations, companies, Police and Crime Commissioners and government departments.
* Being the first point of contact and providing a positive experience for funders interacting with the organisation and ensuring interactions are managed according to agreed processes.
* Maintaining an information file on each funder as part of a database which tracks our fundraising progress.
What you'll need to succeed
* Writing at a high-quality professional level
* Experience in major donor fundraising
* Relationship management
* Presentation writing and presenting
* Experience in customer facing roles
* Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and demonstrable experience of building relationships with influential stakeholders.
* Sound judgement, excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills, and the confidence to operate with autonomy
* Willingness to travel across London, Brighton, Luton, Bedfordshire and Kent
What you'll get in return
You will have an amazing opportunity to work with a fantastic charity in London, with a competitive salary of £36,836 a year and a hybrid working model.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.