Senior Marketing Executive
Cambridge, Hybrid Working
£26,700 - £34,700
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
Would you like to tell people about some of the best history books in the world?
Are you a fantastic communicator? Have you mastered the full marketing mix? Are you a great team player and looking for the next step in your marketing career? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity to market a leading list of history books within our Academic Marketing Team. The role will involve working as part of a large team of talented, supportive marketers to create and deliver high-impact global marketing plans while providing an outstanding publishing service to our authors, readers and publishing partners.
There is no typical day but some activities you can expect to work on include:
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns to ensure products reach their target markets and sales targets are met. To include: email marketing, social media, content marketing (blogs/vlogs), webinars, brand marketing, advertising (on- and offline), print collateral and management (virtual and in-person) of stands at key conferences and society events.
- Collaboration with and delegation of tasks to our Marketing Services team.
- Working with your Commissioning Editors on competitive bids to win new publishing projects.
- Evaluating and reporting on marketing campaigns through the targeted use of campaign analytics and metrics, combined with customer sales and usage data.
- Engaging in contact list-building activities to grow internal database of marketing contacts.
- Working in partnership with key internal and external business stakeholders on product and brand development and publishing strategies.
- Autonomous forward planning and budget management to ensure spend is allocated to strategically important subject areas and products.
- Managing relationships with key external stakeholders, including authors, editors and publishing partners, to support a professional publishing service.
- Conduct close working relationships with commissioning Editorial teams in your subject areas, ensuring that there is strong and clear two-way communication about key products and marketing strategies and plans.
- Representation of the Press at external business meetings, academic conferences and industry events, providing a professional, customer-facing profile for the business.
- Keeping abreast of the latest Marketing theory, technologies and best practice to improve marketing ROI, and actively test new marketing techniques.
We are looking for an innovative, proactive and driven individual who has excellent communication skills and is able to collaborate with senior stakeholders both internal and external.
This role will require you to embrace change and work independently, to set deadlines and will also involve working closely other teams including editorial and marketing services colleagues. You will need to demonstrate strategic thinking and creative flair combined with the necessary abilities to plan, develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies. Since the role will focus on encouraging usage of our content and supporting the strong profile of our books, you will need to utilise a range of marketing techniques including e-marketing, social media, conference representation and production of publicity items.
A background that demonstrates experience of digital marketing channels including social media, email marketing and blogging platforms is essential.
Rewards and benefits
We will support you to be at your best in work and to live well outside of it. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a world-class, flexible rewards package, featuring family-friendly and planet-friendly benefits including:
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
- Private medical and Permanent Health Insurance
- Green travel schemes
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
We are open to remote working although some travel to the Cambridge office and conferences will be required. We will consider any work arrangements if you wish to work flexibly or require adjustments due to a disability.
Ready to pursue potential? Apply via our website now. https://careers.cambridge.org/jobs/vacancy/2107/description
The closing date for all application is 7th of August 2022.
Please note that successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory background checks including DBS due to working in a regulated industry.
Why join us
Joining us is your opportunity to pursue potential. You'll belong to a collaborative team that's exploring new and better ways to serve students, teachers and researchers across the globe – for the benefit of individuals, society and the world. Sharing our mission will inspire your own growth, development and progress, in an environment which embraces difference, change and aspiration.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where everyone has a voice, and where we learn continuously to improve together. Ensuring that everyone feels they belong is essential to who we are, and to the contribution we make to society and our planet.
We believe better outcomes come through diversity of thought, background and approach. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and communities, actively seeking to employ people from a wide range of different communities.