Digital Communications Officer - £22.00 per hour - 5 month contract - Governing Body (London)
* £22.04 PAYE/ £29.64 Umbrella
* 5 Month contract
* Hybrid - 2/3 days in office
Your new role
To provide a high quality, reliable and resilient out-of-hours social media and digital channel management service for the Governing Body as part of the digital communications team.
* Managing the social media and digital communications channels.
* Posting to and monitoring business and the mayor of londons channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, email marketing lists and London.gov.uk pages
* Twitter - post content, including videos, photos and cards, tagging stakeholders and influencers, monitoring conversation, replying to comments (from @LDN_GOV) and suggesting engagement opportunities for Mayoral channels.
* YouTube - post videos, ensuring that they are tagged effectively, engaging with other YouTube users to promote the governing bodies work, and ensuring that the video is integrated with other digital assets including content on london.gov.uk.
* Facebook - ensure timely posting of content, moderating discussions and engaging with other FB users, setting up paid media posts and boosted posts in Facebook's business manager.
* Instagram - post images and video, identifying popular content/topics for engagement.
* Email - load and send emails using the email CRM.
* London.gov.uk - publish content using the CMS, select appropriate images, draft page headline and content where necessary.
* Other networks as they emerge and are incorporated into our overall channel strategy.
* Work with the marketing and digital communications, press and digital team to ensure that the digital channels are integrated appropriately into broader marketing and communication activity.
* Manage and edit social media assets, including processing and editing event photography and subtitling videos and editing images and graphics in photoshop to publish online.
* Draft social media copy about news and events in London.
* Provide customer service support to social media users around events/policy.
* Work closely with the digital team and digital communications team to increase referrals to London.gov.uk and generate new YouTube subscribers and email subscribers.
* Administrative tasks linked to the role, including rota management, producing digital comms reports and regular shift reports.
What you'll need to succeed
* A digital communications and/or social media customer service expert with significant experience of running public-facing digital channels. Ideally, this would be for a high-profile government / public sector organisation.
* Experience of using social media for marketing campaigns, customer service or PR/communications.
* Experience of a wide range of digital and social media platforms, website content management systems, email marketing CRMs, and some associated skills, including basic HTML and CSS (desirable, but not essential).
* Experience of working with press and marketing teams to provide communications or customer services support via social media channels.
* Excellent communicator, capable of working without direct supervision in a public-facing role.
* Confident interacting with senior members of staff out-of-hours, and with members of the public through social media customer service.
* Understanding of a socially and politically sensitive organisation, and the role of marketing communications and customer service professionals within this context.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.