Marketing Manager (Destination) - £23.81 per hour (PAYE) - 6 Month contract - Governing Body
* PAYE - £23.81 Umbrella - £32.03
* Hybrid - 2/3 days in office (London)
* 6 Month contract
Your new role
Develop and manage ambitious and innovative marketing campaigns and propositions to help raise the profile of the area as a unique and distinct destination in London; driving economic and housing growth and inward investment.
The Destination Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing, planning and managing high profile and competitive campaigns (with a focus on cultural tourism and destination marketing) across the full marketing mix, including online and traditional offline channels, and measuring and reporting on performance and impact.
* Support the Head of Marketing, Communications and Engagement on the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for the district, working collaboratively with key public and private sector stakeholders to encourage new visitors and businesses into the area.
* Develop and deliver ambitious marketing and communications campaigns to help raise awareness and position the district as a new cultural and commercial destination, encouraging inward investment, economic growth and the visitor economy.
* Help establish and lead the districts Marketing Partnership (an informal advisory board) that meets quarterly to plan, co-ordinate and deliver joint campaigns and marketing initiatives across the district. This will require liaison with senior brand and marketing stakeholders in ExCeL, London City Airport, TfL, and University of East London amongst others.
* Help identity key markets and target audiences for the districts, commissioning and undertaking market research as appropriate to ensure marketing assets and messaging is targeted and impactful. Analyse market trends, demographics, competitors and other relevant information to influence overall district positioning and delivery.
* Take a rigorous approach to campaign planning and management. This includes ensuring objectives are clearly defined; audiences and messages are identified; innovative channel and content strategies are developed, and effective project management and evaluation processes are in place.
* Act as an effective marketing account manager, working closely with internal colleagues to forward plan work and ensure a high-quality and responsive marketing service; advising and updating on marketing and communications issues, and ensuring synergy across all work-streams.
* Ensure creative excellence across all marketing activity, reinforcing the district place brand and ensuring the brand experience is consistent throughout all channels, both on and offline. Oversee the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisement etc, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered to.
* Design and deliver stand-out campaigns in support of the district Cultural and Placemaking Strategy and Events programme, working closely with the Creative Programmer and Events team to develop innovative campaigns that position the district as a distinctive, unique cultural destination.
* Work alongside the Digital Communications Manager to develop and implement digital campaigns ensuring effective communications and engagement through social media, email marketing, digital advertising, video and photography etc.
* Work closely with media colleagues to ensure that press coverage is maximised and there is a strong editorial approach underpinning the district content strategy. Generate, edit and proof copy for different audiences, both on and offline, as appropriate.
* Commission and manage marketing agency services - creative, research and media planning to ensure high-level impact and delivery, as appropriate. Manage all procurement and client management processes.
* Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing communications. Track, collect and collate data (on & offline) as appropriate and prepare verbal/written reports; adjusting marketing campaigns and strategies in response to feedback.
* Manage resources allocated to the job in accordance with the Authority's policies and code of Ethics and Standards.
* Realise the benefits of London's diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities, and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London's communities, (operating in a politically restricted post - please advise)
* Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job and participating in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross organisational groups and tasks teams.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.