Interim Events & Partnerships Manager - Leeds
Hybrid 1-2 days in the office, Monday to Friday, £32,000,
6 months initially
I am supporting an organisation that actively shapes the future economy in a way that works for UK businesses. They are a premier lobbying organisation for UK businesses on national and international issues. Purely working with the UK government, international legislators, the business community, and policymakers to help UK businesses compete effectively.
The role Part of the Events and Commercial Partnerships team - responsible for delivering a portfolio of commercial and non-commercial events of assorted sizes and formats - both in-person and digitally. These events will vary but initially focus on round tables. You will take the lead in managing the annual calendar of events for the Yorkshire region. This is an interim role because the current employee is on long-term sick. The events calendar has been booked so no planning is needed however they require an experienced individual to manage all the events and continue with partnerships relations.
* Lead responsibility for the successful delivery of Yorkshire events, including dinners, lunches, webinars, and smaller roundtable discussions
* Take day-to-day responsibility for the delivery of assigned events in accordance with agreed timescales and budgets
* Work closely with colleagues to understand, manage, and communicate pre-event briefings and materials which need to be produced for internal and external stakeholders
* Regularly review all event models to ensure that they are still delivering in terms of member and commercial value.
* Account manage all sponsors and ensure all contracts, invoicing, proofs, and partner evaluations are completed in line with brand and commercial guidelines
* Develop and enhance relations with sponsor stakeholders, external suppliers, venues, competitors, and other organisations, ensuring that we keep up with competitor offerings.
* Plan and deliver impactful and measurable event marketing campaigns, using the appropriate channel mix and the designated events software packages (Click Dimensions, Dynamics CRM)
* Write interesting and thought-provoking copy for invitations and event website listings, encouraging members to book spaces.
* Use Click Dimensions to create, manage, and deliver post event communications to event attendees
* Work closely with other colleagues to understand, manage, and communicate pre-event briefings and materials which need to be produced for internal and external stakeholders
* Write copy for the regional event update highlighting upcoming events and encouraging awareness of sponsorship opportunities
* Ensure all large commercial events have a communications plan, identifying key marketing opportunities which can enhance the profile and that of our sponsors/partners.
* Considerable experience in event management
* Knowledge of B2B events
* Managing budgets and expenditure
* Excellent rapport-building skills
Interviews taking place immediately with ASAP start date.