Digital Platform Manager - London Local Authority - upto £500 day rate - 3 month contract
* Local Government Authority (West London)
* £400-£500 day rate (dependant on experience)
* 3 month contract
* Hybrid working (2 days in office per week)
Your new company
A West London Local Authority
Your new role
* As part of the Digital Community Experience programme and Community Solutions approach, the platform you would be working on is an online community-based platform.
* The Community Solutions Digital Platform Manager is responsible for the content of the platform and for establishing it as the borough's primary information source for the full range of community-based offers, activities and services that are available and ensuring that the content is relevant, up to date and accessible.
* The Platform Manager will work alongside the Stakeholder Relationship Manager to build and maintain relationships with the VCSE organisations, health partners and community groups to increase access to the platform.
* To work effectively as part of the Council's Communities Division in the Assistant Chief Executive's Directorate to contribute to the delivery of key Council strategies and policies such as: the One programme, the Thriving Communities Strategy, Corporate Plan, Recovery Plan and Community Solutions model.
* To ensure that the new platform supports the One approach to put residents at the heart of what the Council does and supports service provision that is preventative, timely, appropriate, and targeted.
* To liaise with internal departments across the Council to embed the platform as a core engagement framework and to ensure that they all use the new platform, where appropriate, to raise awareness of their services with residents.
* To support the embedding of the Community Solutions approach and operating model to address inequalities and make the offer universal.
* Maintenance of Existing features and elements of the platform.
* To work directly with Community Solutions partners both internally and externally to engage, promote and ensure maximum utilisation of the platform.
* To lead on partner involvement and residents co-design of the continuous improvement of the platform, working with the Community Solutions Stakeholder Manager.
* To work with Community Solutions to ensure that information from the system can be used through the in-person, telephone, and online mechanism to help drive better outcomes for residents (including through a case management system).
* To represent the Council with external stakeholders, proactively creating opportunities to promote the work of the Council, our partnerships, and our services
New developments to the platform and analytical function
* To work closely with stakeholders and the platform developer to support the effective development of the platform
* To create and approve content for the platform, day-to-day maintenance of the platform
* To support and train stakeholders to effectively utilise the platform, including user access, account creation and maintenance of user profiles.
* To manage taxonomies, categories, and personas to ensure consistency across platform and relevancy of search results.
* To manage the events functionality to ensure useful event data is on site and up to date.
* To use Google Analytics' insights of user journeys and search data to make recommendations of changes to categories and personas to improve search results.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience of writing and editing copy for websites and online platforms.
* Experience of working to strict deadlines and delivering work accurately
* and on time.
* Knowledge of how to use Google Analytics to monitor the level of use of a website.
* Good knowledge of Excel and comfortable with data exports.
* Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques and the proven ability to use key words and phrases effectively.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.